Why?

Eyes closed for a moment, she enjoyed the last few seconds of the show. After the ups and downs of last year, things were looking better now. Feeling a tuck on her hand, Stevie opened her eyes again, taking the sign to leave the stage.

As soon as she stepped backstage, still on the short flight of stairs, she felt hands in her waist, lifting her up. Her arms came around Lindsey's neck, laughing at the playfulness that was between them now. Yes, things were definitely going up for her again.

"I missed you." She whispered, making sure that only he could hear it.

They were still together, actually they were engaged to be married now. Their relationship was better than ever before. They loved each other, but after knowing how difficult things had been without the other in their lives, they really appreciated what they had now. Lindsey had joined her on her tour as often as he had been able to. But this time it wasn't because he didn't trust her, but because he simply wanted to spend time with her. Somehow it seemed as if all the issues and problems they had been having were gone. Knowing that everything could be over, that they could lose the other much sooner as thought, had put things into perspective for them.

So much had changed since, in a completely coked out moment, Stevie had thought that marrying Kim was a good idea. She had run from Kim with Lindsey, spent a week away from everyone and everything. She was still seeing Kim and Matthew, just as she had promised. Even while she had been touring she had tried to fly over as much as she could.

But the most important thing that had changed, beside her relationship with Lindsey, was that Stevie was sober ever since January. Running away with him, and not having anything packed, and certainly not thinking about taking that with her, she hadn't touched cocaine for nearly a year. She had simply stopped because she hadn't wasted a thought about taking it again.

"Where were you now?"

Lindsey brought her back into reality. Hearing him talking to her made her aware that they were still standing where he had placed her down on the ground again, not moving.

"Just thinking."

She brought her arms further around his neck and went up on her tip toes, despite that she was already wearing her platform boots. Leaning in, she placed a kiss on his lips.

"Hopefully about replying to what I told you." He was teasing, hands moving from her hips to the small of her back.

"What did you tell me?"

Stevie really hadn't been able to remember what he might have said to her while she had been out of this world.

"I love you." He whispered and them leaned down to kiss along her neck. "And that I hope that I will have you all to myself for a while now."

"I love you too."

It was all she replied before freeing herself out of his embrace. Stevie took his hand and began to lead him to her dressing room. But when the door closed, and she just wanted to get to out of her stage clothes, she felt Lindsey's arms around her waist once more. He pulled her back against him.

"And what about having you all to myself?"

Lindsey had noticed how she had deliberately not answered that part.

"For a while you said?"

She leaned into his touch, closing her eyes and taking some deep and breaths. But she stayed with her back against his front.

"Stevie." He shook his head. "Please don't tell me that you already plan on going back into the studio, either yourself or with the band."

"Okay." Stevie turned and kissed him deeply. "I promise, I won't."

"Why?"

The way she had promised so willingly to not plan on going right back to work was surprising him, actually making him suspicious of what went on.

"Because I think I deserve a break after the last year." She began to explain. "My best friend died and... except for turning completely crazy for a few months, I just kept busy. I want to have some time for myself. But I also don't want to marry you next year somewhere in between recording sessions or whatever."

She felt him relax again, felt that he bought the explanation without doubting it too much. Stevie knew that there were still some unspoken questions he had, but so far her answer had been enough. And she hoped that he wouldn't question her again before she had finally told him what she was still hiding.

Thanks for staying with this story and me. Hope you still enjoy it, have a nice day / evening.
Love, Dani