What Happened?

Lindsey woke at the sound of something hitting the wall. It took a moment for him to remember where exactly he was. They were on tour, city currently unknown. But he was in some hotel, and the suite next to his was occupied by the same woman who still occupied his heart. Not matter how much he tried to get over Stevie, it seemed as if he couldn’t.

When something else hit the wall, he sat up, looking down at the woman in his bed. Seeing as Carol was still passed out, he rolled his eyes. Lindsey didn’t love her, even though she thought differently and told everyone who wanted and didn’t want to listen to it that he was going to marry her soon. Before Lindsey’s thoughts could continue to circle around her, there was once more the loud noise of something crashing into the wall.

It made him get up. Something must have happened, he thought while making his way over to Stevie’s door. Knocking on the door, he didn’t get any response whatsoever from her.

“Stevie?” He shouted, hoping she would somehow react.

But again, nothing. He tried the handle, surprise to find the door opening. Even with security shutting off the whole floor, she usually locked herself in.

When he got in, he was shocked to see what happened to her suite. Countless things were shattered all over the room, and he could hear Stevie in the bedroom. He made his way there, nearly falling over her purse. When he took a closer look, Lindsey knew that there was no way he knew how she would react to him being there. Two bottles of brandy were doing that already. But he didn’t even want to know how much of the coke that was spilled all over the floor she had actually snorted. Still he took a deep breath and knocked on the door, wanting to give her a warning.

“Stevie?” Lindsey called out again.

“Leave me alone.”

He didn’t know that sound of her voice. It was her for sure. But the way she sounded was unlike everything he had heard from her before. It was a mixture of anger, hurt, desperation and something that really had him worried. He knew she was crying, but it seemed as if she was in some kind of hysterical fit, and very close to break down.

“Stevie, what’s going on?”

“Everything’s fucking perfect.”

She was still screaming. 

“It’s not.” He argued. “I can hear you’re not.”

“Why do you care?”

Something hit the door, making him flinch. And then everything was silent, except... Lindsey closed his eyes, knowing exactly what she was doing in her room, the way he heard her breath in was all too familiar by now. Stevie had just had another hit of cocaine. And then another. 

Ignoring the danger of being attacked when coming into her room without permission he did. He found her on the floor, obviously preparing another line. And from the way she looked he knew that this one could be the last thing she was going to do. He took the little mirror from her, holding it out of her reach.

“What happened?” Lindsey asked again.

And he was surprised at how calm his voice sounded. Stevie looked up, her eyes wide and shining with tears and the evidence of her cocaine use. But she did say a word for a long time.

“Give it back, please.” Her voice was strangely soft.

“Do you want to die tonight?” Lindsey couldn’t help but wonder if that was her intention.

Stevie didn’t respond verbally, just nodding her head and making a move to get the mirror, and her coke back.

“Why?”

He couldn’t get out more. And this one word had brought Stevie to the edge. She broke down completely, falling flat to the floor, crying and screaming.

This is the first part of a new story. Thank you DLEKMAN for the idea. If anyone else has something you want me to write about, I'll gladly accept the challenge. Just contact me.

Love, Dani