She wanted you to take care of him

A few days later she had finally the time to visit Kim. She broke down in tears once more, clinging to her best friend's widower. Somehow Stevie had still hoped that everything had been a nightmare, that she would wake up again and find that Robin was still there. But seeing Kim in the hospital, watching over his and Robin's son, everything was real. They were clinging to each other, not really minding the little boy anymore.

"She wanted you to be Matt's godmother." He told her after some time.

"Matt?" Stevie asked.

There was no way that this could be his real name.

"Matthew." He replied.

Stevie nodded and then finally took a look at the baby. It wasn't the first time she had been asked to he godmother. But it was the first time she wasn't sure if she could do it. Yes, the little boy would need her, more so than her other godchildren. But he was the reason why her best friend wasn't alive anymore. When Robin had found out she was pregnant, she had stopped all treatment, deciding to rather safe her baby's life than her own.

"Stevie?"

Kim's voice brought her out of her thoughts.

"I'm not sure I can do it."

She bit her lip, already crying again. Never in her life she had felt so conflicted about something.

"She wanted you to care of him." He told her.

"Kim, I..." Stevie turned, she needed time.

Without another word she fled down the hall. She needed to be alone, needed time to think about what she had just been told. And she needed time to sort through her feelings. All that she couldn't do with Kim watching her. She had seen the expectations in his eyes. And if she was honest with herself she didn't know if she could live up to them.

How could she possible take care of a baby? She was still on tour, she was supposed to start recording her second solo record next year. There was absolutely no room for a baby to take care of. But on the other hand, this baby was all she had left of Robin. And he needed a mother.

Stevie felt the beginning of a headache. And if there was one thing she didn't need right now it was that. She couldn't find a solution to this completely messed up situation with a headache. Looking for the nearest restroom, she slipped into it, making sure that she was alone, before she began to search for a little unsuspicious looking pendant. Opening it, she revealed the white powder it contained.

After pouring some on the little spoon and taking it, her nerves calmed. Stevie began to see things a little more clear. The baby needed her, Kim needed her. And she would forever have a little piece of her best friend in her life. Suddenly the answer was clear.

She went back, finding Kim in the exact same spot she had left him. Slowly she approached him, smiling a little when her eyes fell once more on her godson. She saw the questioning look in Kim's eyes, but she reached out, hugged him, before just blurring the words out.

"I think we should get married."