She's gone

Lindsey stood there for a few moments, time just kept passing by as he watched her. After finally getting out of his shock like state, he got down next to her, holding her close.

"Steph, what's going on?"

He tried to get her to talk, tried to somehow calm her down, but nothing worked. Which was why he just settled to hold her close and wait until Stevie was coming around as much as that she was beginning to talk.

That didn't happen for some long time though. Lindsey wondered for a brief moment what might await him if Carol Ann was going to wake and found him gone. But when another sob interrupted his thoughts, he couldn't care less about his so called girlfriend. The woman who was currently in his arms was more important.

She would always be. They hadn't been on best terms lately, but Lindsey knew that right now she needed him. Or maybe she just needed someone. He didn't know. But he didn't want to think about it too much. If he was the someone she needed right now, he would be even if tomorrow they would be fighting again.

"She's gone."

Her voice had been so quiet that he hadn't heard what she had said. Tears and sobs that were still going on didn't help him to understand.

"What did you say?" He asked her.

"She's gone." It was more clear now, but the pained undertone was getting more.

"What?" Lindsey didn't really understand what she wanted to tell him. "Who's gone?"

"Kim called..."

She broke into tears again. By now he knew what had happened. Stevie didn't say anything else, she couldn't, breaking down again. But there was no need to. Lindsey knew that Robin had lost her fight. It was a shock for him, he had known Robin nearly as long as he had Stevie, had been some kind of friends with her before things had gone bad between Stevie and him. But he didn't want to imagine what Stevie was going through now.

Stevie and Robin had been inseparably ever since meeting. They had been best friends, but Stevie had always said that their were the sisters they had never had. They had gone everywhere together. When fame had kicked in for them, Stevie had dragged Robin along everywhere. She had been a constant companion during the Rumours and Tusk tours. Lindsey had no idea how Stevie would deal with this lost.

Well, from the way he had found her he had a pretty good idea. Lindsey had worried about her for some time now, her alcohol and drug habits increasing over the years. Especially after she had gotten to know that her best friend had cancer. But during the last months, as she had somehow already known that Robin wouldn't make it, things had gotten out of hands. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen her sober. Now he was fearing for her more than ever.

The sobs calmed down, something Lindsey was grateful for. No matter how their relationship had been over the last years, he still couldn't stand to see her hurting. Only too late he noticed what she had in mind when freeing herself out of his embrace. Still in a somewhat shocked state, she was too quick, getting another hit of coke.

"You really want to die tonight, don't you?" He asked

His feelings changed quickly from grief and hurt to anger over Stevie's behavior.

"Tell me why I shouldn't?" Stevie screamed.

She couldn't stand the tone in his voice, the resentment and anger had been the reason why she had broke free from him six years ago. And all these old and most of the time buried feelings came back up now.

"Tell me what I still have?" She asked, her voice close to break. "Everything I had... ever since we joined this band I lost everything. You have Carol Ann, Mick has Sara, even Chris and John have someone. I have no one... So tell me what I still have to live for?"

He stared at her, not knowing what he should possibly reply to this. There was so much he wanted to tell her right now. She had so much still, only that right now she couldn't see it. And maybe some things were better left unsaid for the time being.

Hope you still like it. As always, I really appreciate your feedback. Love, Dani