Let's get out of this town

Tangled up on the bed was how they were found a few minutes later by Stevie's mother. And if Barbara was honest with herself, she minded the scene that unfolded in front of her eyes way less than what she had thought her daughter would pull through with. Still, she needed to interrupt them for a moment.

"Stephanie Lynn Nicks."

The sound of her given name made Stevie look up, freezing in shock.

"Oh shit." She muttered under her breath, slowly sitting up from where she had been half buried underneath Lindsey.

"I take it that we can chancell this farce outside." Barbara didn't even comment on what she had walked in.

Looking at Lindsey, Stevie took a moment. But all she saw was a reassuring smile and an ever so slight nod. He reached for her hand, squeezing it. It was the sign she had needed. She could still go downstairs and he wouldn't stop her. But more importantly, he had silently told her that if she wanted to disappear right now, they would do so, together.

Stevie had no idea what would happen as soon as they would take that step, somehow being together again. But right now, it made more sense to her than going downstairs and marrying a man she didn't love. For one thing she knew for sure, she still loved Lindsey.

She reached up, freeing the veil out of her hair and threw it on the bed. Next she reached for Lindsey's hand again and pulled him up and out of the room.

"Stevie!"

She heard as her mother screamed after her, but she didn't care anymore. She didn't care that her father waited on the bottom of the stairs as Lindsey and she rushed down the stairs. Neither did she care about the people who were in the entrance hall, waiting for her. They didn't notice the strange looks in their faces.

"Where are we going?"

Only when they were in front of her house, and on their way to his car, Lindsey asked what was going on.

"I don't care." She stopped and turned, smiling up at him. "Let's get out of this town."

"What?" He was confused.

"Let's just go." Stevie was laughing. "Get away. I can't face anyone right now."

"Where?" He wanted to know.

"I don't know." She shrugged her shoulders. "And I don't care."

"STEVIE!"

She looked over her shoulder, seeing Kim standing on her front porch. And from the way he looked she knew that he was furious. But now she knew that she would have married him for the wrong reasons, even if her intentions had been good. And she knew that he would have married her for the same reason, holding on to Robin.

"Let's go." Stevie told Lindsey before turning back around. "I can't, Kim. I'm sorry."

Without another word she got into Lindsey's car and didn't look back. They were driving away from her house, still without a plan.

"Stevie?"

"Yes?"

"Where do we go?"

They would need to make a decision shortly.

"I don't care, as long as it's not LA." She replied. "Just go somewhere."

"How about Vegas since you're already wearing the dress?" Lindsey suggested, joking only.

"You're kidding right?"

She looked over at him, trying to figure out if he was or if there was serious about it. But at the moment, she couldn't tell.

"Why should I?"

"Cause it's insane." She tried to reason.

"No more than what you had planned for tonight." He argued.

"I don't believe this." Stevie said to herself.

She couldn't believe what he had suggested. Yes of course he was right. Marrying Kim was just as insane as what Lindsey had just suggested. But if the were going to give their relationship another try, would they really want to begin like this? She didn't think so.

"Lindsey?" She bit her lip, not really sure if her answer was going to destroy any chance they had or not.

"What is it?"

"About Vegas." She was still carefully approaching the whole thing.

"I was kidding." Lindsey looked right, just in time to see her releasing a relieved breath. "You really thought I was serious about it?"

"Obviously." She laughed again.

"So where?"

"There's a honeymoon suite booked in Santa Barbara." Stevie suggested. "I don't think anyone would look for me there."

"Then let's go there." He nodded in agreement.

"Lindsey."

"Hmm?"

"There's only one problem."

She conjoured up every bit of self control she had to not laugh out right now.

"What?"

He turned to look at her for a moment, seeing that she had a very serious expression on her face.

"You'll have to take me shopping." She laughed. "I didn't really pack anything."