28 | Reid

| UNDISCLOSED LOCATION |

I narrow my eyes and lean forward, grabbing the wrist in my hand and repositioning it as the grip grew too lax.

Danny whines and shakes me off, holding the dagger between two fingers.

"I got this." He murmurs distractedly and I see his fingertips whiten as he tightens his grip, his wrist held stiffly before going completely lax again.

I hold my hands up and back away, flicking my chin to the target with a challenging brow raised.

"Go ahead, then."

He scowls at me and throws the dagger, the weapon whistling through the air before clattering uselessly at the wall left of the target and dropping to the ground, the blade leaving a scar in the wood flooring.

Joining the other hundred nicks he'd left there over the last week.

Danny spins to glare at me. "It's because you're watching me."

"No, I'm pretty sure it's because you suck."

Danny opens his mouth to argue but the door opens, cutting him off.

Mum and dad walked in hand in hand and dad grins at me, brushing his blonde hair away from his forehead.

"That's no way to instill confidence in an agent, son."

"He's not an agent."

"Yet." Danny pipes up.

"You're training him are you not?"

"We use the term 'training' loosely."

"Hey!" Danny spits out, glaring at the target. "I got one in before."

I look at him with wide eyes. "You were aiming for the other target!" I flick a hand to the target sitting about a metre away from the one he'd hit.

He rolls his eyes with a smirk. "Wins a win."

I mockingly mouth the words with a wince, glaring at him.

Mum starts giggling behind her hand, pushing her once again pink hair behind her ear.

Dad grabs the strand and pushes it back into her eyes and she scowls, whacking him in the stomach.

Dad hardly winces.

"C'mon, lets leave the kids to their 'training'" He says and winds him arm around mums waist, pulling her with him as they walk out.

"We're not kids." Danny and I yell at the same time.

"Questionable." Mum yells before the door shuts.

I roll my eyes at them and turn back to Danny.

"Now, onto the next part."

The door once again opens and I turn my head to smile at Michael Arden, Danny's dad and Angela, his mother.

They stand apart from each other but it's like there's an invisible string between them, drawing them closer together before they notice they are gravitating towards each other.

"How're you going?" Mr. Arden asks, looking at Danny before flicking his eyes to mine. "Any improvements?"

"Define improvements." I mutter at the same time Danny answers. "I'm practically perfect."

'Don't believe him.' I mouth the Mr.Arden as a shove hits my back.

"Wanna go?" I lift my hands and jump from foot to foot.

He looks me up and down. "I quite like my limbs where they but Thank you."

I roll my eyes and scoop down to grab a towel, whipping it around my neck to grab the other end.

"C'mon, let's put some of this training to practice in the really world."

"Oh no."

• • •

"I have to take credit for this."

"I think you mean blame."

He opens his mouth to deny it but shrugs after a minute of silence. "That works too."

I look at him incredulously before waving a hand to the burning tree in front of us, it's limbs screaming in the wind as the fire eats away.

"How did you even manage this, I was gone for twenty minutes too."

"You were gone for an hour and I was practising."

"With what?"

"I saw some arrows in your car, I used them for practice."

"Danny." I sigh exasperated. "The tree is on fire, that's not an arrow."

He looks away with a scrunched nose, mumbling something under his breath.

"What?"

"I lit it on fire."

"The tree?"

"The arrow."

"Why the fuck would you do that?!"

"It looks cool in the movies."

"They-" I cut myself off on a sigh.

"Help me put it out and then we can go get dinner, I don't care my more. Good improvement." He doesn't notice my sarcasm at the end of the sentence or maybe decides to ignore it.

"Thanks." He quips and whistles under his breath as he makes his way to the tree.

"Great, I'm stuck in a loop with an amateur."

"You're supposed to be my coach, so blame yourself for me failing!"

"I never claimed to be a good teacher."

"Good, don't put it in your resume. You'd be lying."

"Shut up." I mutter as I follow.

Hi . . . I'm sorry.

But I'm back and I'm soon to be on holidays and hope to finish this book before the end of 2020.

DONT HOLD ME TO THAT IF IT DOESNT GO THROUGH BECAUSE IM LAZZYYYYYYY

But let's hope, for your sanity and my own. I have so many books crammed in my head I have to get rid of some.

Also hope to complete majority of my books 2021. (Same applies if I don't ho through with this ^^)

Anyway enjoy this chappie. It's not much but it's all first draft and unedited. ❤️❤️

Love you guys - Bec