16 | Windsor

I lean against the lockers, my fingers tapping against my thighs. Thoughts running rampant.

Jackson walks down the hallway. I narrow my eyes as he stops, leaning against the wall closest to the principal's office.

The bell rings, people hurrying to their classes.

I start edging my way towards the door. Grabbing my phone from my pocket and pretending to message someone on it before looking up.

Jackson peers over his shoulder. I look back at my phone, watching him from the corner of my eye as he walks into the office.

The hallway clears quickly after that and I hurry toward the door. Peering in through the frosted glass window to try and get a look inside.

Faint voices erupt from the room, Jackson's the most prominent.

I crouch down by the door, my hand slowly inching its way up the door and towards the handle. I silently open it and peak in.

The principal stands in front of his desk, Jackson pacing in front of him.

"- away from her."

I tilt my head, trying to listen further but their voices get quieter.

The door squeaks and I gasp quietly, spinning away from the door.

"What was that?"

I quickly get up, running down the hall silently and opening the closest door, shutting it behind me.

The dozens of eyes that gaze at me make me swallow. Though the familiar ones peering into mine relax my thumping heart slightly.

"Windsor." Ryland gets up, walking over to me. "Are you okay?" I nod and look at the teacher in apology.

"Sorry, I need Ryland for a short moment."

He nods his head, more interested in the book in front of him than the interruption.

I grab Rys' hand and pull him out the door, the hallway clear.

"What's wrong?" He whispers as soon as the door shuts behind him.

"Nothing." I whisper back, glancing down the hall at the principals door.

They'd closed it.

Ry follows my gaze.

"Windsor." He grabs my chin and pulls my head back so I'm facing him. "What's going on?"

"I-"

I look back at the door as I hear it open.

"-Kiss me." I hush.

Ryland wastes no time, his lips descending on mine.

A quiet sigh leaves my lips, my hands clutching at his black shirt as I lean into him.

Rys hands come up, clutching at my hair as he pushes my face into his gently.

"Windsor." he whispers against my lips, his fingers hovering over the back of my neck. "Will-"

"No fraternizing on school grounds!" Comes a harsh voice. I pull away from Ryland, my lips swollen and breaths escaping my lungs in harsh, quick spurts. "Get back to class." The man snaps, turning back to his office, Jackson nowhere to be seen.

"Yes, Principal Russo." Ryland mutters as he steps away from me, back towards his class.

He smirks at me, trying to hide his smile before turning and walking into his classroom.

I bite my lips, turning around and shaking my head.

Stupid move Windsor.

I breathe out roughly, starting to walk down the hallway again.