08 | Windsor

My fingers tap nimbly against the keyboard. Eyes flying over the information on the screen as Ryland leans over me, narrowing his eyes at the screen.

"Why three years?" He wonders.

I'm showing him the information I could find on a certain Jackson Linden. The boy who moved to the school three years prior. His Facebook was made three years ago, and he used it regularly, Instagram was the same. The boy didn't exist until three years ago.

I sigh and lean back in my seat as Rys' eyes travel over the screen. His chest brushes my shoulders as he plants his hands on the desk to steady himself.

He looks down at me curiously. "What else did you find?"

"Nothing, that's it." I nod at the screen and all the information I could gather. Jackson Linden is a seventeen-year-old student at Mount Pavilion High. His grades are standard, if not a tad above average. He plays many sports but has never shown up to a school competition.

Alessio hasn't shown to a school function either for the past three years. Before that he was a regular attendee, popular. What I could find on him, showed me he had everything going for him, an Alpha type. Enzo quite the same.

So what happened three years ago?

I huff and spin around slightly as the door to the room opens and Paisley walks in. Her face is exasperated and slightly annoyed.

"Successful night." I quip.

She smiles tightly. "Something like that." She looks at the screen, "What have you found?" She grabs a chair and wheels it over to me, sitting beside me as Ry removes his hands from the desk and takes a step back.

I point down to the object on the desk, gaze focused on the screen.

Paisley peers over my shoulder, her eyes holding curiosity and intrigue.

"Guess who's fingerprints are on these?" I question her, glancing over my shoulder at her.

"Yours." She smiles and takes the phone. "Whose fingerprints did you get this time?"

I smirk. "Jacksons"

Her smile turns dangerous. "I don't like that guy, something about him is off."

"Well let's find out what." I press a key and the screen blanks before loading up another image, we all lean forward slightly as the information appears.

"Fuck." Ry swears as he traces the screen.

I tap a few more buttons but nothing new pops up.

Paisley breathes in quietly

"The information only goes back three years." She mutters, disbelief tainting her tone.

"Same as all the other information we have on him, apparently he didn't exist until three years ago."

"Someone really wants to hide." Ry says.

"Yes, but hide from what?" I question, leaning back in my chair, eyes narrowed in thought.

"Or who" Paisley says.

I close the computer down and spin in my chair, tilting my head thoughtfully.

"Did you want me to get close and find out?"

I notice Rylands' shoulders tense as the words leave my lips. A smile pulls slightly at my cheeks, but I quickly smother it.

Jealous brute.

Paisley shakes her head, eyes squinted in thought.

"So to say." She murmurs. "Follow him but don't get too close, we don't want to arouse suspicion."

I nod my head, standing up from the seat.

Paisley stands up as well.

"What about me?" Ry asks and I shake my head.

"You're with me, dumbass."

Ry scoff but Paisley nods her head.

"She's right, two heads are better than one. You guys are a force to be reckoned with when together."

I roll my eyes as Paisley leaves, turning to face Ry with crossed arms.

His eyes are narrowed on me and I roll my own eyes again.

"What?" I say softly, grabbing my phone and pocketing it.

His eyes darken before he moves, hands coming up to grasp the back of my neck before his lips slant over mine.

I only just begin to kiss him back when his hands drop and he's taking a step back, smirking and walking away from me.

Asshole.

I growl through gritted teeth and follow after him. Exiting the room and taking the stairs two at a time until I reach the second level, walking to my room. Angry thoughts running rampant through my mind.

Ry stands at his door, grinning at me before tipping his chin towards his bedroom. A question in his eyes.

I narrow mine and slam my own door. Watching with satisfaction as the grin slip from his face before my door shuts fully.

Two can play at this game.