02 | Paisley

"We have a mission for you."

I sigh as I enter the house after my first day of school, the others still linger outside. Vincent walks into the room seconds after dads announcement, my little brothers dark eyes widening comically.

"Can I go too?"

At only eight years old? The boy was already planning to take on the world.

Dad chuckles and ruffles Vincent's hair and my brother stumbles away, fixing the locks.

"Dad!" He whines and glares at him.

"Not yet, you have to pass your training first."

"I'm the best in my class!"

"You're the only one in your class." I remind him.

"Shut up, Paisley."

"Make me, squid."

"Dad! Tell sourly to fuck off."

"Language." Dad thunders, halting down at Vincent. I snicker slightly before sobering when dads glare lands on me.

He spins back to Vincent. "Who taught you that word?"

"Who do you think?"

"Liam!" Dad yells and Vincent laughs before running off.

Dad glares up the stairs where he no doubt knows Uncle Liam is.

"Yes, daddy dearest?" Uncle Liam's voice erupts and I look around to find where it came from.

"Get down here." Dad glares at the PA system I never noticed we had, must be new.

"No can do, papa bear."

"Liam!"

"Archer, let it go. We have to speak to Pais remember."

Dad glares one more time at the system before stomping away.

I follow my parents up the flight of stairs and walk into the meeting room. I take a seat as they walk around the table and dad turns on the projector, setting it up.

"It's come to our attention that a targets two children go to your school." Mum begins, her blonde hair in a ponytail.

I lift a brow "and?"

"Why'd we have a teenager?" I hear dad mumble. I grab the pen off the desk, throwing it at him, it flies past his head, skimming his ear before bouncing off the wall.

"Paisley!"

"What? It slipped." I grin at him and see my mum biting her lip to stop herself from laughing.

Dad rolls his hazel eyes, running a hand through his brunette hair and taking a seat in front of me, smirking at me.

"Do you want the mission or not?"

I narrow my eyes.

"Yes." I grumble.

"Then pay attention."

I lift a brow for him to continue.

He rolls his eyes back at me.

"Our target, Giovanni Vitale, is the boss of the Italian Mafia. His sons Alessio and Enzo Vitale attend your school. We want you to infiltrate and take him down by going through his sons."

"Is that all?"

"Is that-" Dad growls under his breath, looking up at my mum.

"You need to be careful Paisley; Giovanni Vitale is a strange man. In recent years, the crime has more than tripled. He has filled his pockets with more blood money than previously in his career as a crime boss. He's got his hands in a lot of illegal workings, human trafficking being one of them, so I want you to be careful, all of you"