20. Juliana Makes a Tough Decision

She didn't want to do it, but this was the best course of action. She couldn't let Jenny sabotage her own success because an ex had shown up. And she couldn't let her attraction to Jenny grow any more than it already had. Reassigning her to another trainer was the smart thing to do.

Juliana took a deep breath and knocked on her supervisor's doorframe.

Natalie looked up and smiled. "My favorite employee, come on in."

"Isn't favoritism frowned upon?"

Natalie shrugged. "I'm still getting used to the whole supervisor thing. What's up?"

Juliana closed the door behind her and sat down. "Are you still taking on new clients?"

"Only in special cases, like referrals. What've you got?"

Juliana explained the entire story, leaving out the part about her crush on the client.

Natalie listened to the entire thing, nodding and making appropriate noises of acknowledgement. When the story was over, she remarked, "It's Curves, isn't it? The client is Curves."

Juliana blushed and dropped her eyes. "Yeah. How did you know?"

"I pay attention. And this is why you're my favorite employee. You do the right thing." She patted Juliana's arm. "Thank you. I'll take good care of her."

Juliana felt marginally better that Jenny would be in good hands with Natalie, but also marginally worse. Maybe more than marginally.

She wouldn't get to see Jenny up close anymore.

I know, I know. Super-short chapter. But Juliana didn't have much else to say or do during her turn. Vote anyway?