Chapter 18

here you guys go :) and as reward for the long wait its an entire chapter from Jace's POV :D hope you like. 

Vote, Fan, Comment? <3

-Haley

--------

Chapter 18

(Jace)

“Lily, baby, I need you to run, now.”

“Where? Over there?” she replied through the mind link, pointing behind her, “Or maybe there?” pointing to our right. “That’s funny, because I’d be running straight into about 20 wolves no matter where I go.”

Shit. What kind of mate am I if I can’t even keep her safe for ten minutes?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Lily shifted and attacked the 5 wolves charging us while I was thinking. I watched in awe as she took all 5 out in under a minute, killing them effortlessly. I shifted and stood behind her, tail to tail watching each other’s backs. About 6 or 7 charged at me and I gave in to my wolf, allowing him to control me. We dove under the first 3 slashing their stomachs fatally deep, they collapsed on the ground dying as we jumped over another landing with my front paws on his neck, killing him instantly. There were 3 left standing there watching me daring me to make the first move. My wolf commanded me to wait, frustrated, one of them charged me and I swiped my paw against his jaw snapping his head to the side breaking his neck. Enraged the other two lunged from opposite sides of me. I ducked at the last second and their teeth sunk into each other’s necks.

I glanced back to see how Lily was holding up and I was captivated at her raw skill and beauty. A growl from my right snapped me out of my daze and without second thought I lunged and tore out the wolf’s throat before he had even blink. Two more stepped forward and I growled lowly at them. There was a wolf at my side but from the howling of my wolf I could tell it was Lily.

‘I got the one on the right, him and I have some unfinished business. These are the last 2, good job, you did great baby.’ She said through the mind link. I nodded and leapt at the one on the left, catching him on the back with my claws flipping him to his sensitive belly. I raked my claws down it slowly making sure the cuts were deep enough to kill him. I watched the life fade from his eyes and then turned to see my gorgeous mate tearing out the wolf’s intestines, pure hatred flashing in her eyes. She shifted back to human and I did the same.

“Fuck you Dean,” she growled angrily, spitting on his face as he died. She walked over to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me into the woods, reaching behind a tree and grabbing me some clothes before scampering to another tree and grabbing a light blue sundress for herself.

When we were both dressed she came back over to me. I pulled her into my arms, reassuring myself that she was safe. She looked at me happily. “Jace, I can hear again.” She said practically bubbling over with happiness. I squeezed her to me lifting up my head thanking the heavens that she was okay. She dropped her head to my shoulder in exhaustion and sighed. I pulled back and looked at her.

“Lily I am so sorry. I am such a bad mate I couldn’t even keep you safe for ten minutes so you could calm down. I am so so so so so sorry you have no idea how bad I-“ I was cut off as her lips brushed mine.

“Jace there was nothing you could’ve done, they’ve been after me since I was little. But the fact that you stayed and fought by my side and made sure I was safe shows me I couldn’t have asked for a better mate than you.” I smiled in joy at her words, picking her up by the waist and spinning her around. She laughed in surprise, the musical sound making my heart melt. I held her close to me with my face buried in her neck inhaling her delicious scent. I dropped my lips to my mark, kissing it gently. A small whimper of pleasure bubbled from her mouth. I smirked and she blushed. I kissed it again and then traced it with my tongue, gaining a small moan from her beautiful mouth. I held her to me satisfied and she nestled her face into my neck.

“I love you,” I murmured into her hair, knowing she heard me. I felt her smile against my neck.

“I love you too Jace.”

*-*-*

“Be right back I’m gonna call my mom ok?” she asked standing up as the credits came on.

“Hurry back to me babygirl,” I replied happily. I just spent 2 hours cuddling on the couch with my mate why wouldn’t I be happy?

“I will,” she replied, winking as she left. I smiled and turned on a new show to keep myself busy until she came back.

*-*-*

It’s been an hour and Lily still isn’t back. I’m worried. It can’t hurt to check on her right? Right. I switched off the TV not caring about Wipeout anymore. I needed my mate, and I needed her now. I walked to the bedroom of the hotel space we were renting. I raised my hand to know but stopped when I hear a very faint,  very bloodcurdling scream. ‘Screw knocking’ I thought opening he door.

“MOM?!!!” Lily screamed into the phone, panic evident in her voice.

“Lily no matter what happens stay where you are, I love you. Please baby stay safe for me, Jace will take care of you.” Her mom yelled through the phone, her voice cracking at the end. She screamed again and the sounds of a struggle ensued. Then it went deathly silent. Lily was shaking, crying silently. I didn’t hesitate to pull her onto my lap and hold her. Then a voice spoke through the phone.

“That was quite a show you put on with your little mate today Lily. And while you may have killed Dean there are many more, but you killed our leader and your parents will pay for your mistake.” He laughed sadistically and the line went dead as Lily fell to pieces in my arms.