Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I woke to the feeling of tingles along my hip and stomach. I sat up quickly, throwing off the arm that had been draped over me. Who was in my bed? I whirled around and looked down at the angelic face lying softly on the pillow. Then I remembered. Emily, Reiley and Holly. The hospital. New York. Jace. The Woods. Everything. I lent down and gently shook Jace awake, telling him we should get up.

“Alright I’m gonna call my parents though.” He murmured sleepily. I smiled and went to brush my teeth and pull my hair back. Then while he mumbled into a phone in the corner, I called room service.

“Hello this is room service how may I help you?” a woman chirped.

“I’d like two continental breakfasts, room 104 please.”

“Ok umm that’ll be $73.50 how will you be paying ma’am?”

“We have coupons for free ones actually.”

“Oh. That will be right up.” She said briskly, almost angrily. I pulled out a $10 bill and handed it to her when she opened the door, along with the coupons.

After breakfast, we padded down the stairs and jogged to the hospital. By the time we go there Reiley and Holly had already gone in for treatment and Emily had gone home. The lady at the desk handed a slip of paper to me and told me it was from Em. I opened it to see her loopy handwriting filling around 50% of the bookmark sized paper.

Hey Lils. I went home for a while but I will be back. I went to grab a change of clothes for all of us, including Jace. I am “borrowing” Liam’s clothes. Shh don’t tell. Tehe. Be back soon. Have fun with Jace.         Love you sis.

                             -Em

I smiled and slipped it into my pocket. I sat on the couch for 2 hours waiting for someone to come back. I didn’t really mind though as I spent most of the time getting to know Jace better. He was captain of the football team and had been playing football since he was 6 years old. He was also a junior at Clover Bay High school. He didn’t have a girlfriend as he dumped her recently.

“Why?” I asked curiously.

“Well, um,” he said rubbing the back of his neck and looking like he was about to get in big trouble. My heart melted. “I’m somewhat of a player Lily.” He said refusing to meet my eyes.

“Jace…” I said softly, hoping to catch his attention. It did. He looked up at me with tears brimming in his eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and let him cry, just as he had done for me last night.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered into my ear.

“Shh. Jace its ok. Does this mean that you are going to dump me and are going to reject me as your mate?”

“No! You deserve so much better than me but I am so glad that I have a chance and I want to prove myself. I wanted to get that in the open though because of some things girls at school might say to you. Will you accept my apology?” he asked, looking like he’d just been thrown in the dog house.

“Of course I will Jace. You’re my mate, there’s a reason the Spirit wolves chose us for each other. It will be ok,” I replied, trying to convince him that unless he wanted me to, I wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. He smiled and pulled me onto his lap, kissing me cheek gently.

“So then, knowing this, will you go on a date with me when we get back?” he asked nervously. I smiled.

“YES! I would love to go on a date with you Jace,” I said happily. I twisted around, still on his lap, and hugged him, laying my head on his shoulder.

“AWWWWWWWWWWWWW” Holly and Reiley cooed looking at me wrapped in his arms. Jealousy flashed in Reiley’s eyes but she covered it quickly.

“What’s the scoop with you two?” I asked smiling, still in Jace’s warn embrace.

“Treatment worked. We are staying tonight for observation and then we are home free.” Holly said, eyes shining with happy tears. I pulled myself away from Jace and hugged them both.

*-*-*

I walked in carrying toe two bags of warm food. Holly and Reiley rushed over squealing as they saw the Wendy’s bags we brought. Emily and Hunter walked out of the room, hand in hand. As I stared at their entwined hands jealously, Jace timidly did the same with our hands. I smiled and leaned into him, distributing food.