Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(Jace).

Dream

I ran through the forest at inhuman speeds, the trees around me were just a blur. I tripped on a fallen log, but didn't fall. There was a moment of pain, but then I was running again, with a grace that had been previously absent. My vision was lower, closer to the ground. All my senses were on high alert as I raced towards something, hopping logs and rocks with ease. I felt a pull towards something in front of me. I stopped and threw my head back, letting out a long, low howl. Then I sat, and waited, one ear cocked while I listened.

Moments later, another, higher howl echoed through my mind. It was definitely female. I took off again, racing towards her. There was a clearing with a huge mansion, but I raced on, not giving it a second glance. About a mile further and I skidded to a stop. There in the middle of the trees, stood a proud white and grey wolf. She was beautiful.

She stalked playfully towards me. When she got about 10 feet away, she pounced, leaping through the air and nipping at the skin on the back of my neck. She grabbed it gently but firmly in her teeth and landed on the other side of me, pulling me to the ground. I reached with a paw and tripped her. We rolled around for a while, play-fighting.

She padded silently over to some trees and motioned for me to follow with a quick sideways jerk of her head. I followed quietly, wondering where we were going. We trailed along, weaving between huge pines and oaks. Then she turned to me and sidestepped, unblocking my view. I did a wolfy-gasp, leaving me gagging on the soft bed of leaves. When I regained control of my lungs, I stared at the large, glittering lake spread out before me.

I went over to the she wolf that was curled up on a flat rock on the edge of the water. She raised her head, gray-green eyes staring up at me. I could get lost in those eyes; I felt like they could see right through me.

Instinct told me to walk over to her and curl my body around hers. So I did. She snuggled closer to me and I felt a wave of possessiveness wash over me. Along with love, and trust, and a list of other emotions.

A while later we were sitting, side by side, brushing against each other, watching the sunset. The oranges and pinks washed over the lake and splashed color on everything. Then a twig snapped behind us, ruining the romantic moment. I whipped around with a growl, getting in a possessive stance in front of her.

Then everything started getting fuzzy; starting at the edges and moving inward until my whole vision was blurry. Then I was in a different part of the forest. As a human, and in immense pain. I felt bones breaking and parts of me elongating and others shrinking. I felt a prickling beneath my skin. I think I saw fur sprouting but I wasn't sure. I heard a gasp and looked to my right where there was a very beautiful girl. She was blonde with pale green eyes, and she was running to help me. But it hut, it hurt so much.

I woke to the sound of screaming outside my window. It was high pitched and girly but strong and powerful at the same time. And it was achingly familiar but I couldn't place it...

 *-*-*

(Lily).

(Dream)

 I was on a hill in a very thick forest. "Mate, mate, mate. Howl for our mate" Anne called. So I sat on my haunches and threw my head back, letting out a long, lonely howl.  I perked my ears and heard the distinctive sound of paws streaking towards me. A few minutes later, I heard him nearing so I straightened and tried to pose playfully. A brown and white wolf skidded to a stop in front of me, mouth hanging open. He was gorgeous.