Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Everybody who supports my story <3 u all :)

Chapter 14

(Jace)

I held her, content to have her in my arms with her face buried in my neck. I kissed the top of her head and I felt her smile against my neck.

“Let’s catch that plane, shall we Lily?” I asked her. She stiffened and her smile faded but she nodded. I reached over and hesitated, before wrapping my arm around her waist. She didn’t say anything, just leaned into me. I smiled. She wasn’t anything like the other girls, the Spirit Wolves must really like me, I have done nothing to deserve this beautiful young she wolf. I voiced this to her. “What did I do to ever deserve a girl as amazing as you?” She looked at me. I smiled and walked her over to the reception desk.

The bored young girl looked up and gasped. “Alpha!” she said bowing her head.

“Mary! It’s so good to see you again! Have you found your mate?” Lily asked enthusiastically. I grinned, tightening my grip on her waist. The girl looked at it then at me but returned her attention to my mate.

“Urm… Ya…” Mary said, blushing.

“REALLY?! WHO?!” Lily squealed. I shushed her as people began to stare but then lowered their heads at me. What the heck?

You’re their alpha now as well Jace, they respect you. My wolf said. I nodded to myself.

“Rob” the girl said, her blush deepening.

“AWWWW!” Lily cooed. “Tell him that if he doesn’t treat you right, I will have his hide, ok?” Lily said, jokingly, smiling. The girl giggled and nodded. I looked behind me at the line of people that almost reached the doors. I cleared my throat and my mate looked at me questioningly. I spun her around and she gasped. “Two tickets to New York City please!” she breathed out, guilt evident in her face. I chuckled and pulled her to me, enjoying the feeling of sparks her touch brought me. As Mary processed out tickets, I inhaled her sent, vanilla and lilacs.

I heard a whisper and looked at the girls. Mary was whispering in Lily’s ear.

“OH YA!” Lily yelled. “Mary this is Jace, my mate. Jace, this is Mary, she’s the daughter of our old Beta!”

“Nice to meet you Mary,” I said, sticking my hand out for her to shake. Her eyes widened and she backed away shyly. “What’s wrong?”

“Alpha.” She breathed. I looked at Lily; she cocked her head at Mary. The girl just shoved our tickets at us and began talking to the next customers. I shrugged and used my arm, which was still wound around her waist, to guide her to our terminal. She smiled and stepped onto the platform and into the plane. I followed her, my wolf sighing happily.

We were seated by some windows and my arm now rested on her shoulders. She leaned into me, burying her head into my neck. I couldn’t help myself. I lifted her head up and crashed my lips to hers, kissing her passionately. It took a moment to respond but her arms slowly found their way around my neck and she moved so she was sitting sideways on my leg.

Somebody cleared their throat and we pulled away, Lily blushed. The flight attendant stood there looking horribly disgusted. She was an old woman and the look only made her look worse.

She addressed Lily, “You’re too young for that. You shouldn’t sleep around you know. He could give you diseases or ruin your life with a child. You really shouldn’t be such a slut! It’s disgusting!” The woman was practically spitting at Lily. I growled and she looked at me just as Lily stood, face to face with the woman. I felt the power radiating off her and submitted, she was downright scary right now. She looked murderous.

*-*-*

(Lily)

“You’re too young for that. You shouldn’t sleep around you know. He could give you diseases or ruin your life with a child. You really shouldn’t be such a slut! It’s disgusting!” The woman was practically spitting at me. Jace growled and I stood. How could she say that? I felt Jace’s wolf submit to mine, I’m sure he was freaking out. Anne was extremely angry.

“Who the hell do you think you are lady? All I did was kiss him, it’s not like we were doing anything. He can’t give me diseases, I know that for a fact. And it would be an honor to carry Jace’s children. I am not a slut. Who do you think you are, saying things like that? Just because you’re old and rude doesn’t mean you can go trash other people. I’m sure you had a boyfriend at some point too, I would almost bet you felt the same way so shut it. Shove it and leave us alone.” I said, holding Anne back, who wanted to shift and tear the woman to shreds. She glanced at Jace and I leapt in front of him. “MINE” Anne growled. The woman backed off submitting to me. I could feel the power radiating off myself and sighed. People.

I sat down and slumped against my mate, suddenly drained of energy. I felt my eyes close and I succumbed to the darkness that threatened to overtake me at any second.

*-*-*

(Jace)

I watched in awe as Lily tore into the woman. I saw true fear in the lady’s eyes and she looked to me for help. My mate leapt in front of me. “MINE” she growled, clearly furious. The woman backed off and ran away. I bet she regretted saying anything. Lily sighed and moved to sit back down. Not a minute after, I felt the energy leave her body and she slumped against me. I looked down as she passed out. I shook her but she didn’t budge. I just sat there, helplessly stroking her hair.

I looked down at the beautiful girl beside me and sighed, remembering my past. I was a player, I admit it. I would date girls until I had them wrapped around my finger, then I would coax them into my room and do as I pleased. Then I would dump her and move onto the next victim. I had dated too many girls to count and almost all of them knew me at CBHS. I was dreading what they would say to Lily. And what would she say back? Would she defend me as she just had herself? Or would she walk away from me? I don’t think I could survive that. I was wrapped around her finger, I was completely in love with her and I never wanted to let her go.

*-*-*

“Young man, wake up.” Someone was shaking my shoulder; I blinked a few times before looking at the lady. She was young, probably around my age, maybe a little younger.

“Yes?” I asked, glancing down to see if Lily was awake yet. She wasn’t, I hope she’s alright.

“Well I was wondering if you wanted to come to the back with me, you know the eating quarters?” she said with a flirty smile. I shuddered and tightened my arm around Lily’s shoulders. I looked down at Lily and smiled softly, she looked so peaceful when she slept. I brushed some hair off her face before looking back at the girl.

She had a look of pure jealousy and hatred on her face, but she wasn’t looking at me. She was looking at my mate.

“No, I think I’ll stay right here.” I said, pulling Lily closer to me.

“You would rather stay here with that ugly sleeping bi-“she screeched but I stopped her. I had my hand around her throat in a matter of seconds, cutting off the hateful name she was about to call my mate.

“You do not ever speak badly about her. Lily is the love of my life, I will do anything for her, no matter what it means for me. If she asked me to jump out of this plane, I would. I will not leave her for some girl like you, I. Love. Her. She is not ugly, she is the most beautiful girl in the world, she’s ten times prettier than you, and what her looks don’t cover, her personality more than makes up for. She’s sleeping because she was emotionally exhausted from yelling at one of your co-workers. Do you know why she was yelling?” I asked, her face was turning red but I was too angry to care. Nobody talks about my Lily that way.

 She shook her head. “She was defending me. So why don’t you all leave me and her alone until we touchdown. Got it?” I asked through clenched teeth. She nodded frantically and I let go. She gasped for air and scampered off.

 I sighed and turned around to see Lily staring at me with her doe eyes wide.

“Let me guess, you heard all of that?” She nodded still staring at me in awe.