Time

2 weeks earlier

"Ah fuck, where'd I place that flashdrive?" At this point, she can't be blaming anyone. She knows she has a bad case of randomly forgetting where her things are.

"Fuck it." She gave up. She let her frustration cool off and out her body as she took a cold shower.

She got dressed shortly after and rushed outside. She's going to be late to her first class this morning. She did not care about eating, or picking up a couple donuts on the main avenue.

She arrived at the university just in time for her first subject. Her eyes searched for Mr. Night. She remembered it's his Natural Arts class today. "I'd probably talk to him on the phone later." She thought.

Her class continued until 9 am. She was empty. She thought she needs to eat a whole buffet. "Let me call him,"

"Hello?"

"Richard. Can we go out right now?"

"For what."

"Eat. Like, let's have a little talk." She can imagine his bright blush as she invites him. "Okay I'll pick you up." Richard has always been whipped for her. Since college, he always favored her. But she never gave him the same degree of love he has always given to him.

"You look very stressed." Mr. Leaf said as he brushed his greying hair.

"Tired. I'm just tired."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Well are you paying for it?" Despite Pandorra saying it as a joke, Richard happily complied.

It's a relief in my wallet. I'm still going to pay this month's rent. She thought.

"So how is Percy doing." She was hesitating to say anything. She's cautious, she might slip and say she's suspicious of him.

"He has given me crucial information. He's actually good."

"But he's not as enthusiastic as you, I noticed."

"Elaborate," Pandorra asked.

"He doesn't have the glow. It's like he's interested on something here." Pandorra was delighted as she detects the same suspicion from Richard.

"Let's just give him some time."

Pandorra confronted Richard on a different matter. "So what have you been doing with the Mayor's cartel?"

Richard froze. "What do you mean?"

Pandorra smiled. "Don't play dumb Richard, I know what you've been doing." She sighed, "Look. If you continue this, you'll fall down quick."

"The mayor is protecting my status as Police Head. I must maintain this position."

"Ok sure. Whatever," Pandorra fiddled with her hair. "it'll be the reason you'll die, Richard. Not this stupid serial killer."

Richard drove her home. He was in a bad mood. "Bye." Pandorra said as she walked out the car.

Richard thought he'd like to apologise. She followed her to her apartment.