21

"How are you feeling?" I asked, walking into the Cave's infirmary. Kaldur was sitting up in his bed, looking through some papers.

"Better."

"Hey, do you know how to turn off the cameras in here?"

"Yes, why?"

"Do it."

He stared at me for a moment, gauging my intentions. "Computer, disable audio-visual equipment."

AV disabled.

I moved to his side and messed with the bottom of his shirt. His hands covered mine and he stared at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to get your shirt off. Now either take off your shirt or I'll do it myself." Heat rose to my face as my words hit my ears, but I did my best to keep from burying my face in my hands.

"I will be fine. You do not need to heal me."

"Hey, I managed to get him to postpone it, so I should at the very least be allowed to heal you."

"Really? He truly postponed it?"

"Yeah, who knew you getting stabbed could be good for something. Speaking of which-" I smacked his arm. "I'm the only one allowed to stab you, idiot. Just be glad I convinced Tyson you need to rest."

"Did you really hit an injured person?"

"Yes, now move over. I'm tired." I climbed up onto the cot and laid down.

"Percy, there are other places you can sleep."

"You know I can't sleep when I'm worried. I just want to make sure you're safe."

"I am only in here because Black Canary was worried. My healing has almost completely healed the wound, though I think the small amount you managed played a part in that. Go sleep on the couch or a bed. I will be fine."

"I'm not losing anyone else." I mumbled. "I can't lose anyone else. I want to keep you safe."

"Percy," Kaldur said, laying back. "You know I am capable of defending myself. And even if I wasn't, we take care of each other. Everyone on this team will protect the others. After I got stabbed, Connor did whatever he could to keep me safe while Wally got me to the Bioship."

"Every one of my friends was capable of defending themselves. We did whatever we could to protect each other, but I'm still the only one that survived that battle. No amount of training and intentions can protect you against everything. Invulnerability isn't the same as immortality, something I know full well."

"You have-"

The door slid open, interrupting Kaldur. I lifted my head and looked at one Dick Grayson. I waved before putting my head back down.

"This is weird," Dick said.

"I am a cuddly person and excuse me if I don't feel like having my ribs broken."

"Percy likes making people uncomfortable. Such as having me hanging half off of this cot."

"I will push you off of it right now." I sat up. Immediately, I fell off as Kaldur shoved me. "You are so rude,you know that?"

"You have told me many times. What do you need, Robin?"

"Canary said it should be safe to have you leave since Connor just got back. He's a living heart monitor." Dick moved over and unhooked Kaldur as I picked myself up.

Together we walked out to the living room. Robin and Kaldur sat on the couch while I headed to the kitchen. I peered into the oven and smiled. The cookies are almost done. Thank you, Megan.

As if she heard my thoughts, which is very much possible, she smiled at me. "I can handle them. Why don't you watch some television?"

"Sure, but if you want help, just ask." I walked over to the couch and leaned over the back. "This sucks."

"Why?" Artemis asked.

"Because I can't jump on Kaldur." I sighed. "I don't want to hurt him even more."

"Since when has that stopped you?" Kaldur chuckled, messing with his medallion.

"Okay. Guys, what the hell is going on between the two of you?" Connor asked.

"Well, Kaldur and I have a habit of being incredibly violent to each other. Most of my friends are, but Kaldur and I-"

"That's not what I mean. You two are acting like you're dating."

"I don't see how it would be any of your business. I'm just really cuddly person, I think it has something to do with my dad leaving before I was born." I hopped over the couch and landed next to Kaldur.

"You kiss him on the cheek."

"And? It's still none of your business. If you excuse me, I'm taking a nap." I rested my head against Kaldur and my legs across Dick's lap. "Oh, wait. Are you going to accuse me of being in a relationship with a thirteen year old now?"

I didn't have to look to know Kaldur rolled his eyes.

"Percy has spent too much time with her cousins. They like messing with people and she has picked up on that. It gets her into a lot of trouble."

"Not my fault my dad's family is psycho."

"This is what I am talking about."

"I'm not wrong. There is one same person in that family and I'm not saying who it is because I feel like living today. Gods it's hot in here." I slipped out of my jacket and maneuvered to tie it around my waist.

"You have a tattoo?" Artemis asked.

"I more curious about why it matches that medallion thing Kaldur wears." Wally crossed his arms.

"Actually it doesn't. I got this tattoo before we recieved the medallions. I lost a bet and, well, I ended up getting a tattoo and dumped into the woods. It wasn't a fun month. Or year. Or decade. My life's a mess."

"Why-"

The timer went off, saving me from anymore questions.

Okay.

So can one of you lovely people start the comment chain? I'm gonna eat some noodles. Not mac and cheese, I already had 2 bowls. Just the noodles. And maybe some eggs.

See yah