4

"Who the heck is this? Brick's son?" Wally sped to the side to avoid a car that the person had hit towards him.

Megan caught it and let it drop safely to the ground.

"I don't care who he is." Connor growled. "I'm taking him down."

"Superboy wait-" I reached out a hand to try and grab him, but he had already leapt forward.

The teen yelled in some language and turned, hitting Connor away from him like he was nothing.

"Miss Martian, link us up." I looked over at her.

Mind link established.

Guys, can we try not to fail epicly? Kaldur trusts us to do this on our own. I thought.

Where is he anyway?

He had to go take care of some stuff with Aquaman. Offshore drilling. I responded to Wally.

Does it matter? Artemis sighed and pulled out an arrow, shooting it at the boy.

It exploded when it hit him, but it didn't do anything.

Uh, well does anyone else have a plan? She lowered her bow in shock.

Just keep trying to hit him. Connor picked up the car that was thrown earlier and threw it back.

That actually seemed to work, with the teen stumbling back, holding his arm. Tears were running down his face.

He mumbled something in the same language from earlier before falling to the ground. He was sitting up and he didn't seem to have an interest in fighting us anymore.

Megan flew towards him.

Megan, be careful.

I'll be fine Connor.

"My name is Miss Martain. What's your name?"

Instead of receiving a verbal answer, the boy started to rise to his feet, which made Connor launch at him.

"Dude!" Wally yelled. "Are you trying to make him kill us?!"

It didn't matter what Connor's answer would have been, because he never landed a punch.

A figure kicked Connor off course sending him crashing to the pavement.

And this figure? It was Percy.

Her gaze was set into a firm glare and she had an arm extended to protect the guy.

"What are you guys doing?!"

"Percy!" The boy yelled with a smile on his face, wrapping her in a tight hug and lifting her in the air. "You are okay!"

Percy laughed and twisted in his grip to return the hug. "Hey Tyson. Of course I'm okay. I wouldn't want to make you worry."

Uh...what's going on? Wally asked.

No idea. Artemis responded.

"But Momma..." More tears fell down Tyson's face and he tightened his grip. Connor winced.

I think he just cracked a few of her ribs.

"Tyson, you're hurting me." Percy choked out. Tyson immediately placed her back on the ground and wiped his eyes.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"It's okay you- are you hurt?!" Percy grabbed Tyson's arm and stared at a large cut.

"Yes." Tyson said. "I will be fine though."

Percy raised an eyebrow. "Don't be turning into me now. We need to get this stitched up. And as for you guys..." She turned back to us. "What were you thinking attacking him?!"

"Attacking him? He attacked us first!" Artemis yelled.

"By what? Hitting stuff at you? In case you haven't noticed he doesn't know his own strength half the time. And I mean he's crying, does this look like a face that wants to hurt you?"

We were quiet.

"Exactly. Now don't go around attacking people's little brothers, it's not very polite."

"Little brother? He's like way taller than you." Wally said.

At this point I was confused. Percy never mentioned anything about a brother. And neither did Bruce.

"He's younger than me. That's what makes him my little brother, not his height."

Aren't you supposed to be smart Wally?

Well yeah but she's what fifteen or sixteen? And I'd guess based on the way she's treating him that he's not very close to her in age.

"He still destroyed a crap ton of the city. He's dangerous." Artemis crossed her arms.

"And so is running around trying to take down bad guys. And I mean how much stuff have you guys destroyed? If I know my brother, and I do, I know he wasn't trying to hurt anything. So how did most of those places get damaged?"

Okay, so she's not exactly wrong...we did kinda destroy a crap ton of stuff. But in my defense it was mainly from Wally doing something stupid, Connor's anger issues, and Tyson knocking away whatever arrows Artemis shot at him.

There are a lot of cars stuck in high density polyethylene foam. And a few lightpoles with some nets.

And there was one guy i had to cut of out one of those nets, but I'm not counting that towards anything cause that was Wally.

And Kaldur is going to be so disappointed in us. But since he's the leader, he has to explain this to Bruce.

Percy sighed and shook her head. "Come on Tyson, let's go find you some peanut butter."

"Peanut butter!" Tyson's face quickly brightened and the two of them quickly disappeared from our sight.

But before they did I swore I saw something wrap around-

"Why did the fire hydrants burst? And when?" Artemis looked down at the water surrounding us.

"Supey over there probably hit one. And did you guys see..." Wally trailed off.

"See what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I...don't remember what I was going to ask. Anyway, who wants to go get lunch?"

Not exactly what you wanted, but I couldn't find a way to word the other stuff right without BIG time Mist action

And uh...I'm gonna go lay back in my bed and work on some other books and maybe finish my costume for Tuesday (which has changed by the way)

And as usual, I will start a thing in the comments

And also I think every ten chapters or so I'll recognize the people who submitted the ideas

Which will be easier on me because, you know, no signal a lot of the time

Anyway

See yah