3

Waking up is never the best experience. And it only gets worse when a thirteen year old decides to jump on you.

"Hey Percy, breakfast is ready." Dick stared down at me with a large smile.

I reached to my side and grabbed a pillow before whacking him in the face. "I've told you not to do that!"

"And I didn't listen. Now come on before Alfred drags you down the stairs." He stood up and jumped on the bed before doing a flip and running out of the room.

The door slammed behind him and I groaned before getting up. I changed and headed downstairs.

By the time I got in the kitchen, Alfred was just setting plates on the table, holding another plate topped with pancakes above his head.

"Come on Alfred." Dick whined. "I'm hungry."

"Patience, Master Richard. I was simply waiting for Miss Perseus to join us." He sat the pancakes on the table. Almost immediately, Bruce and Dick surged forward.

I waited until they took what they wanted before grabbing the remaining two for myself.

Alfred soon came back over and placed bacon on our plates and sat the syrup bottle in the middle of the table.

"So, you seem pretty close with Arthur." Bruce said.

"Yeah, he's cool." I cut through a pancake.

"It's almost like you know each other more than you're letting on."

"Well after my mom found out he saved me she invited him over for dinner and somehow that ended up with him becoming a family friend."

"And what about Diana?"

"Told you, she works at that camp I go to. She's one of the only people who the camp director tolerates besides his own kid. You know, he's never called me by my actual name. First it was Pearl and Penelope, then the next year it was Peter Johnson because my hair was short and apparently I looked like a boy." I sighed and shook my head. "I like the activities director a lot better. Only time he's put me on dish duty is when I deserve it."

"Where's the camp at?"

"I don't remember, ask Diana." I shoveled my food into my mouth, quickly clearing my plate.

"No need to get sassy. Though it's very much appreciated." Dick laughed and kicked his feet up onto the table, which caused Alfred to glare at him. He quickly removed his feet.

I chuckled and stood, taking my dish over to the sink to wash it. I was quickly intercepted by Alfred.

"Allow me."

I didn't try to argue with him. I already tried that the first day I was here.

I went and sat back down. Bruce stared at me before asking another question. "Were you okay last night? During the robbery I mean."

"Yeah, Kid Flash showed up and took them down." I mumbled, staring at my hands. "Though I have no idea why he was in Gotham to begin with."

"Probably hanging out with Robin. I watched the press coverage of when the two of them, Aqualad and Speedy all went to the Hall of Justice. And they seemed to be friends." Dick said.

"I guess that makes sense. Other sidekicks would be the only other people who ever really be able to relate to another sidekick. I mean there aren't that many heroes that are teens right?" I forced a smile. "Honestly I don't get how anyone lets those guys run around and fight people. They're kids."

"Highly trained, sometimes superpowered kids."

"The key word is kids. I don't care how trained or how powerful they are, kids shouldn't be fighting." I made sure to avoid their eyes as I said that.

Demigods, we don't have a choice. If we don't fight, we'll die.

But these sidekicks? I doubt any of them are in the same situation.

"It's their choice." Bruce picked up the newspaper Alfred had sat beside him. "Who are we to judge?"

"All that's happening is the adults putting the kids in danger. Who are we to judge that?" I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you have such a problem with this? They help keep people safe. If there would have been a hero in Manhattan, your mom and stepfather would probably still be alive." Bruce sat the paper down.

A soft chuckle left my lips but I didn't respond.

"Why are you laughing?" Dick asked.

"Sleep deprivation, I have no idea what's actually happening right now." I yawned.

"You did get home fairly late, you could barely walk without falling over." Alfred spoke. "Perhaps you should take a nap."

I shook my head. "Nah, I kinda want to go do something today."

Maybe stop by camp and talk to Chiron for a bit. Probably wouldn't be good for me but I didn't tell him what happened.

Or I could go for a swim or go kill some monsters or maybe just play some basketball. Or volleyball if Dick wants to just play one on one.

I could go for a walk or...there's literally all kinds of things that I could do.

Bruce stood up and pushed his chair in. "Like what?"

I shrugged. "No idea. Have fun at the office. Guessing I'm stuck with him?" I gestured to Dick.

"Actually, I'm gonna go hang out with some friends. But I'm sure you can find something to do."

"Yeah, I can probably find something to do."

"Just don't cause Alfred too much trouble." Bruce smiled at me.

"Don't worry, despite what my friends will tell you my middle name is actually Psyche."

So,

I posted a thing on my message board and if you read either the Fablehaven fanfic or Aquagirl go look at it

And

Remember this book relies on you guys

So

I'll start the comment chain again

See yah