Incubation, and Investigations Begin (Short)

NETHER WORLD, THRONE ROOM, THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Wait a DRAGON'S EGG?! That's impossible, Dragons don't exist!!" Weiss exclaimed in disbelief, refusing to believe what (Y/N) had just said was true.

"Well, except for some of the Grimm Dragons that we hear about" Blake said, they had learned of some of the more Dragon-like types of Grimm, but this was different, it seemed like (Y/N) was talking about an actual Dragon.

"Don't be so daft Weiss, Dragons do exist, they're just very rare now, thanks to people like Atlas, and the Dragon Hunters, lousy Humans..." (Y/N) said, muttering the last part in annoyance, it seems he doesn't like most other Humans.

"What do you mean, (Y/N)?" Yang asked curiously, wanting to know what the story was behind the fact there weren't any Dragons around now.

"I was told by my Master Gnarl that the Dragons used to be far more numerous, but they were hunted down by Humans, usually the people of Mantle, who saw then as nothing more than savage Beasts that could be used as weapons, but when that failed... they just decided to wipe them all out, this was years ago, during the War between the Kingdoms" (Y/N) explained, the girls were sad about this, people had killed these creatures off because they were scared, it was rather sad.

"Woah... so Dragons were real? Cool!" Ruby said as she held onto the Egg like it was a baby, cradling it against her body.

"Wait, if there were Dragons, then why was there no evidence? Like no bones, skeletons or books? Why didn't Atlas talk about it?" Blake asked, wondering why, if Dragons did in fact exist, there was nothing about them at all.

"I'm certain if Atlas did slay or capture Dragons, I'd know about it" Weiss said in an arrogant way.

"Simple... they were told not to mention them, by a certain Wizard, who spoke to them when the Peace Talks began, after the defeat of Mantle and Mistral, he made the Kingdoms swear to never speak of them or any of the Magic Creatures that still roam Remnant" (Y/N) said, Gnarl had told him that story, about how said Wizard wanted to keep the existence of things like Dragons, Elves and such a secret.

"A Wizard? There's Wizards?!" Ruby asked, sounding surprised and excited, as she was still holding the Dragon Egg in her arms.

"Yes, though they mostly serve a "good" cause, like all these other "Heroes"" (Y/N) said, sounding bitter and the mention of the word Heroes.

"You really don't like Heroes, do you?" Ruby asked sounding a little worried, she'd always wanted to be a Hero, and this boy she had feelings for seemed to really dislike the idea of Heroes.

"What's to like? They act like they're better than you because of their beliefs or morals, and they go around killing things like myself and the Minions to make themselves look good" (Y/N) said, disgust evident in his voice as he spoke about Heroes, and the things they did.

"But... don't we do the same? I mean, we got rid of that Wolf Queen, and Melvin and Doris" Ruby asked, tilting her head in confusion, this made (Y/N) blush slightly because of how cute she looked.

"That's different mi'lady, we're doing it because YOU are the one, true evil, smaller Evils should bow and serve your cause, rather than trying to take away your followers, or steal your power" (Y/N) said, this made the girls sweatdrop, since technically what they did was similar, only, they didn't go around preaching about how good they were.

"Well... there's also the fact that those Heroes seem to have turned Evil now, it's like that saying: you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain" Blake said as she was sat on the steps of the Throne, reading a book on famous quotes and sayings.