xiv- rose

THE FIRST THING THAT Jessica did next morning was to go down to Remus' chambers, and give him a piece of her mind for letting Snape teach instead pf him, and not even telling her about it

She was really worried about Snape too. He was convinced that Jessica was making contact with her escaped convicted father, and he wasn't exactly wrong but he wasn't exactly right wither. He was watching her like a Seeker watching a Snitch.

She also hated the fact that she had lied to Dumbledore. But something told her that Dumbledore knew. But if he knew, then why didn't he say anything?

Jessica was taken out of her thoughts as she reached Remus' office and knocked on it. Once. Twice. Thrice.

"Oh for Godric's sake, Remus!" Jessica finally exploded, "Get the hell up and open the door!"

The unlocking of a lock was heard and then the squeak of a door knob being turned as Remus opened the door. He looked frankly terrible. His eyes were hewvy, being weighed down by eyebags. His lips were cracked and chapped. His hair was all over the place. His face was scarred.

"Morning." Remus croaked, running a hand over his hair to try to smooth it out, but failing terribly.

"Merlin, Remus, you look terrible." Jessica frowned, following him inside the chamber.

"Thanks for the confidence boost, Jessica." Remus said, putting water in the kettle for making his morning tea, and as Jessica was there too, he put twice as much as the water he usually put.

"Sit down Remus." Jessica said.

"What? I'm making tea, just wait a second —"

"Sit your butt down, Remus Lupin, before I strangle you." Jessica said.

Remus knew the wrath of Black enough, having experienced it from Sirius so many times, to know that he should probably do as she says.

"Snape was the substitute teacher," Jessica pursed her lips, when Remus' gaze faltered, "he called werewolves monsters."

"No surprise there." Remus mumbled.

"Why did you lie to me before? Why didn't you tell me that he was going to teach? Why did you let him in the first place?" Jessica asked.

"If I had told you, you would just spend your time being mad at me. What was the point?" Remus said quietly.

"I ended up in Dumbledore's office. I got hundred points off of Gryffindor, and I have detention with Snape for the rest of the year." Jessica said.

"What? Why? What did you do?"

"Listen to me, Remus," Jessica said, her expression turning very serious, "No one can insult you ever, on my watch. Snape crossed the line, he got what he deserved. I freaking called him Snivellus."