xii- snivellus

"WAIT, WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Aiden asked

Jessica replied, "No, I'm Jessica."

Despite the situation, Aiden rolled his eyes, "I mean, do you honestly like me?"

"Ew no, of course I don't." Jessica said.

Aiden let out a sigh of relief, "Good, I almost had a heat attack. Phew, geez, I'm sweating so hard. You know what, we'll continue the lesson later."

"Got it," Jessica chuckled, "Wow Aiden, you really panicked. You must really hate me."

"You know it's not like that," Aiden said, "I was scared that our friendship would be ruined, because you're like a sister to me —"

"Oh my gosh, Aiden. Don't get all sentimental on me now," Jessica said.

Aiden laughed, "Alright, we better get going."

A few days later, in the following week, Aiden and Jessica were charming and flying paper airplanes, when the door opened. Jessica knew it was Remus, as it was the Defence Against the Dark Arts class. She flinched as the door banged, and immediately looked towards the door.

Remus would never bang doors.

The person standing in front of the door, with his black cloak bellowing behind him, was Severus Snape. Not Remus Lupin.

And that's when the thought struck Jessica Black. Tonight was a full moon. She mentally banged her head on the wall, and cursed herself for not remembering.

Her thoughts darted towards the day when she asked Remus who would cover for him. He hadn't looked her in the eyes. He knew that this dungeon bat would be teaching. He knew of her enmity with the Professor, but he didn't tell her. Why?

Snape sneered at her as he entered the room. Jessica's friends threw her a look, mouthing to ask where Remus was, she just kept her eyes down, and shrugged in response.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" Angelina Johnson, who was sitting next to Fred, who looked equally surprised asked.

"Your professor doesn't find himself capable of teaching at the present moment." A mocking sneer found it's way to his lips, "I'll be covering for him today, and who knows, maybe even longer.

All the Slytherins in the room cheered, as Snape quietened them and took hold of the nearest Defence Against the Dark Arts textbook near him.

"What is this rubbish?" Snape tutted, "Third years know this! Boggarts, really? Ghouls?" Snape threw the book back onto the desk, and took his wand out.