viii- gryffindor's new chaser

ALL AROUND Hogwarts, Jessica and her new dog were the main talk

   ALL AROUND Hogwarts, Jessica and her new dog were the main talk. The way the dog strutted around, and was soon becoming a popular pet. And Sirius was mildly enjoying it.

"This is the dog that everyone's talking about?" Layla Pole snorted, "He's so . . . dark and black."

Jessica whipped her head around like an angry goose, "What did you say?"

"I said that he is Black."

"First of all, you racist little shit. Second of all you racist little shit. How dare you? Oh, and did I mention you were a racist little shit?"

"How dare you talk to me like that, you —"

"You were saying?" Fred and George appeared behind Jessica, each with a hand on her shoulder, giving off a protective aura.

"Nothing." gulped Lyala. Everyone in the school knew better than to do anything against Fred or George's will. They knew what their punishment would be. Merciless pranking.

Fred and George nodded accomplishedlty, and walked along. As soon as they were out of earshot, Lala muttered under her breath, "Stupid mudblood."

She immediately regreted it, as screamed out, "Ouch! Your dog bit me!"

"You deserved it." Jessica shrugged, "Oh, and I didn't know you could predict blood heritages."

   Not much harm was done here. Not as much as harm as Padfoot cause half an hour later, as Jessica was walking with him back to her dormitory, where she would change and then set off for Quidditch tryouts.

"Black," Severus Snape's lip curled up.

"Good morning, Professor." Jessica drawled out.

"Don't use that attitude with me — get this dog off of me!" Snape said, as Padfoot attempt to knaw on Snape's feet.

"Padfoot! Goodness! Stop it!" Jessica ordered, but Padfoot had no intentions of obeying her. He had gone ballistic.

"Get off!" Snape roared, attempting to kick Padfoot off, but missed by a mile. He really had a bad aim.

"Padfoot!" Jessica said sternly.

  Padfoot's barks turned more calm. But he was still growling at Snape as he straightened his robes and turned angrily to Jessica.

"Thirty points from Gryffindor."

"Git." Jessica managed to mumble, before she ran off, before Snape could react.

The dog was still on Snape's mind as he made his way to his private quarters, he was sure he'd seen it before.

"This is our last chance — my last chance — to win the Quidditch Cup," Oliver said before the tryouts began, "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it."