Chapter 15: Edmund Returns.

They couldn't believe it! He was back!

As Peter and Hamish, trudged away from their tent, waking up, the next morning, they were met with a rather, odd sight.

Anna, with no Susan or Lucy in sight, had been wearing a proper tunic and leggings and had been sparring with Oreius. But what was even more odd, at that moment, was that when Susan and Lucy came out of their tent, they saw Edmund, to their surprise, walking with Aslan.

"Edmund!" Lucy exclaimed in happiness, about to run to the boy, but Peter put a hand on the shoulder, as if- to stop her and she frowned.

It seemed that they were in the middle of an important conversation. Edmund looked at his family, warily. Anna didn't even spare him a glance, as she dodged a quick blow of Oreius' sword. She had met him earlier, even chatted with him for a while, and they had quickly become friends, when Edmund realised- how close Hamish and she had become to his family.

The Pevensies kept staring at their, once, lost brother in shock, especially- Peter. It was something, that he had never imagined, had come true. Edmund looked a little bruised up, but still clean overall. Much better than his appearance the night before. He seemed calmer too, along with the guilt, which was  thoroughly visible on his face.

They kept staring as Edmund and Aslan continued their conversation.

They kept staring as Edmund turned and walked a little, talking with Aslan.

They kept staring as the two, now, walked towards them.

"There's no need to talk with Edmund about what is past." Aslan remarked, looking at their expressions.

Edmund looked down in shame, "Hello." He said, quietly.

The frown on her face was immediately replaced by a beautiful smile as Lucy hugged her brother, tightly.

But this time, he hugged her back, gratefully.

Susan too, have him a small smile, "Are you alright?"

He nodded, as she embraced him too, "Just tired."

Even Hamish offered him a sympathetic smile, which he, very gratefully, returned.

He then, turned to Peter, who had been looking at him, stony-faced, "Get some rest." Was all he said.

Edmund looked back down, shamefully as he meekly nodded, and started to walk towards a tent.

But Peter stopped him, "And.. Edmund?"

Edmund whipped his head, so fast, it seemed that it would definitely snap; looking at his brother, hopefully.

"Try not to wander off." Peter said, with a smile on his face.

Edmund returned it, thanking his luck, mentally as he continued his walk.

Peter's smile dropped and he sighed in relief, when he noticed that Edmund was no longer in sight.

Hamish, Susan and Lucy who had been looking at him, were snapped out of their daze, when Aslan suddenly said, "Hamish."

Hamish looked at the lion.

"Would you join me for a walk?" The lion said, gently.

"Uhh..-sure." Hamish just replied awkwardly, as he began walking with Aslan towards Anna.

Anna had been panting heavily, when they reached to her. She had just finished her training session with Oreius.

"Annalisa, join us." Aslan said, an oddly calm expression etched on his face.