Chapter 10: Beginning Of An Adventure.

Edmund ran as fast as his legs could carry him, towards the White Witch's castle. It was glorious and magnificent and he would soon be ruling it. He wanted to escape from his siblings and their new minions, so desperately. They just thought of him as a hindrance while they would soon become his slaves. He could see them running behind him, Peter, being the his bossy self, taking the lead.

"Hurry up!!!!" Peter shouted to Anna and Lucy who were helping Hamish, run across the snow.

Anna gave him an exasperated look. She was extremely angry. Her poor brother couldn't walk and all Peter cared was catching up to his own brother who was literally running to the jaws of death, willingly!

Eventually, the reached the top of the hill only to see Edmund running past the huge gates of the ice-castle.

"Edmund!!" Lucy shouted, but he didn't stop.

"Shhhhhh. They'll hear ya!" Mr. Beaver warned her.

Peter started to run towards Edmund, only to be stopped by Mr. Beaver, who grabbed the sleeve of his coat.

"Get off me!!" Peter shouted, angrily.

"Peter!" Anna exclaimed, annoyed with his behaviour and stupidity.

"We can't just let him go!!" Peter shouted looking at her.

"We don't have a choice!" Hamish retorted.

"Don't you get it?! He's the bait!! She wants all of you in there!!! To kill you!!!" Mr. Beaver emphasised.

Now, Susan lost her cool. She turned to Peter angrily, "This is all your fault! None of this would've happened, if you just listened to me!"

"Oh? So you knew this would happen?"

"I didn't!"

"Stop it! Both of you!" Anna shouted looking at the two of them.

"All this fighting isn't going to help Edmund!" Lucy joined in.

"She's right. Only Aslan can save him now." Mr. Beaver said.

Peter composed himself and looked at the beaver, "Then take us to him."

         ***

Edmund walked through the enormous courtyard. He was so glad to get rid of his over-interfering siblings. He suddenly saw a Giant's Rumblebuffin and stammered back. This place indeed was strange. He walked further to see a stone statue of a lion. He even drew glasses and moustache on it, for fun.

He continued through the courtyard, when suddenly a wolf pounces on him.

"Stand still stranger!" It spoke.

Edmund stuttered out, "I'm a Son Of Adam, I met the Queen in the woods!!"

Maugrim- the wolf got off him immediately and said, "Forgive me, fortunate favourite of the Queen... or perhaps not so fortunate.." it mumbled the last part.

He took Edmund to the throne room and told him to wait. It was huge and regal. Completely made of ice and intricate with icicles. Edmund who was in awe of the beautiful castle, sat on the throne, filled with longing.

"You like it!" The witch exclaimed happily, coming from behind him. Edmund jumped, startled on hearing her voice.

"Y-Yes your majesty!"

"I thought you might." She said and then looked around. There were no brothers or sisters in sight.

"Tell me Edmund, are your sisters deaf?" She asked.