Chapter 32

We have been preparing for this day for a very long time, all throughout my stay here. This is what my sole purpose of being a protector is; to defend this pack against the army of Dark Fae's. We have come a long way for this war, gaining allies along the way.

I look to my left and could see Malkai in a defense stance, his face held fierce determination, along with every one on our side. I have never been prouder than this day, to be standing off against our enemies with all my pack members and warriors standing side my side.

To my right was a large black wolf.

Liam.

His black fur mixed in with the white made him look beautiful. The familiar green eyes held power. The way he moved body held so much authority: with his head held high, his stance tense and ready for action.

I look back at the enemies and let out a low growl. I abruptly stopped growling as I smelt it. Her sweet strawberry scent filled my nostrils, along with everyone else because they immediately started growling.

I scanned the enemy line for Trin, but I knew she was being blocked by three men in the front. Jakelbel being the one on the right. The guy on the left was similar in looks as Jakelbel and held as much power the other two. But it was nothing compared to the guy in the middle.

Their leader.

He had a wider, more broader chest than his people. More ruthless too, might I add. He looked as if he hadn't shaved in a long time. His hair was long, tangled, and unruly. Unlike his people, his skin was fairly tan.

As soon as his ice cold blue eyes landed on mines, I felt a chill crawl up my spine.

Everything about him yells 'danger'.

I held my stance, not letting his stare intimidate me. He's a Lieutenant. So he's meant to find our weakness and use it against us.

'Be brave,' I told my pack members.

From the corners of my eyes, I could see all the wolves straightening their backs and lower their heads to the ground menacingly.

"What a pleasant surprise," I say, though the way I say it is anything but that. He must've realized this and smirked. But just a little bit.

"Indeed." Hi voice was deep and menacing. Yet he manages to sound smooth and confident.

I just want this to be over with. Let the fighting begin already, I wanted to shout. But that wouldn't be smart of me to do that. It will only bring us chaos. Plus, they haven't crossed our border yet. Just idling on the edge.

I pressed my lips together in a thin line, to keep from yelling at him. "What are your intentions to this pack?"

Though it's clear as day what they were, I wanted to hear them. To confirm everything.

"To avenge. To kill."

I slightly shook my head in anger. "You aren't going to touch a single fur in my pack."

We both know he won't abide to that threat.

"It's not them that I really want dead," he spoke. "It's you." I already knew that. "You are the only weak, direct descendant that we have tracked." I knew that too. But they don't know something. A vital information.

I have powers. I'm a protector. Still sound like the weakest link?

He narrowed his eyes at me as he saw my smirk grow. Internally, I was laughing my ass off. What he doesn't know, will kill him.

But I'm not one for a violent approach. I like to negotiate things before they get out of hand.

"Look little girl," he gruffly said. I internally stopped laughing and glared at him. "Because of your ancestral king, we had to suffer decades of humiliation in the supernatural world. You stripped us of our pride and threw us into the society. We used to be one of the most strongest and respected creature's of the world. Up until the greatest dispute between our kings. Which then led to war. And we all know the outcome of it."