chapter 2

I'm surprised he hasn't figured out who I am yet. Unless he had and just doesn't want to say anything. 

We have been sitting in the living room for only five minutes and I am getting restless. Five minutes of him staring at me. Five minutes of him trying to get close to me. What's really getting me restless is the fact that I want to jump him and kiss him senseless. But I must refrain from doing that to my enemy. Slash crush. I mentally sighed. 

"Em, you are officially part of the Astrid Pack. We have a room ready for you. Why don't bring your bags and I will show you to your room," said Tyler, since Liam was a bit busy.

I nodded then ran out to my car and got out my duffel bags. Liam ran up next to me to take my bags.

"I'll be showing you to your room," Liam winked at me.

Then, Liam guided me to a vacant room upstairs. He smirked at me before leaving me alone.

I opened the door and was amazed at the sight. The walls were a shade of red with black floral. The queen sized bed had red comforter with black pillows. On either side of the bed was a floor to ceiling window, covered in red and black drapes. A desk and chair sat in the corner. Shelves were hung on the wall above the desk. This room was so Gothic. Love it!

I headed towards the walk in closet and was glad for the full length mirror on the wall. I started unpacking my clothes and hung them. 

Finally! All my clothes are organized. I flung myself onto my new bed and let out a loud sigh.

I haven't gone on a run all day, so I went downstairs. In the living room, I found the twins playing some video game and Tyler asleep on the couch. 

Ha ha, the scene looks so funny. It's as if Tyler was babysitting the twins, but fell asleep because he got so bored. Oh, my cheese. Tyler is asleep. I did my evil little chuckle and grinned like a madman, or madwoman in this case. 

I went into the kitchen and started rummaging through the cabinets for whip cream and a plastic plate. Once I found it, I ran back into living room. I sprayed a lot of whip cream onto his right hand. The twins looked over at what I was doing, so they paused their game to watch with identical grins on their faces. I sprayed some whip cream onto the plate. With the plate of cream in my right hand, I tickled under Tyler's nose, making him scrunch up his nose. After a few seconds of tickling him, Tyler finally smacked his face with his cream covered hand, showering his face with cream. The twins started to giggle a bit. Tyler gasped and quickly sat up into a sitting position, his head colliding with the plate of cream in my hand, all the cream splattering onto his face. That's when laughter erupted from the twins and me.

I ran out the backdoor giggling before Tyler could see who the culprit was. I had to sacrifice the twins.

"James! Chad! You are so dead!" Tyler yelled.

Once I passed the tree line, I shifted into my silver wolf. Werewolves still keep their clothes after they shift. I thank the goddess every time I shift.

Running always helped me relax and think things through. I ran further and further away from the pack house and deeper into the forest. The only sounds I could hear was the occasional thud of my paws against the cold earth and the sound of the wind against my fur.

Up ahead, I spotted a clearing. I ran a little faster to the clearing, only slowing down when I passed the tree line. I shifted and walked closer to the middle of the field. Green grasses and tall trees filled my line of vision. Dandelions stood up from the ground, swaying lightly against the wind. Closing my eyes, I titled my head back, soaking up the sunlight.