Chapter 19

Thank you, eskimohugger for the new book cover!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I froze in my spot.

Nineteen days until the next new moon. The new moon is when evil is at it's strongest. Then there is the full moon, where werewolves are at their strongest. The full moon, which is in three days.

I have to warn the others. I looked at Lorraine, "is there anyway I can stop this at all?"

"I am sorry, Emaline. But you cannot. She will become one of them on the new moon no matter what. A curse is already in place."

"What?! How?" My face paled, thinking about how the Dark Fae's had managed to do that.

"They have spies. Undercover. Everywhere."

I shook my head frantically. This can't be happening.

They are everywhere. Why can't I sense them? I sensed that girl from school was evil. And so many others. But why not these evil creatures?

"They are masking their identities well." I was so lost in thought that her voice had startled me.

"Can I wake up now?" I asked. "The sooner I tell the others, the better. Everyone must be worrying by now." I looked back at the wall, where it was frozen to where Trinity was silently screaming.

"Of course."

Then the same sickly sweet scent came, overpowering my senses and filling up my lungs. I coughed a couple of times before my sight got blurry. I felt myself sway to the left, but before I hit the ground, I opened my eyes.

I gasped for air, breathing in hard. I blinked a couple of times before getting my bearings. I was on a plushy thing, probably my bed. I opened my eyes again, seeing faces.

Everyone was here. All my friends. When I looked at Trinity, I felt like running up to her and hugging her. She looked at me with alarm when I had whimpered.

"Em? Are you okay?" She asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

I took in a deep breath. I managed to croak out a 'yes'.

Every one sighed in relief, but the concern never left their face. I looked over at Liam who was clutching onto my left hand, kissing them softly. I smiled at him, feeling the electricity hum between our touch. I sat up in bed, running my hand through my hair.

How long was I out this time?

"Just a day."

I jumped when I heard a reply from Liam. I forgot he could hear me.

"Oh. Wow." That was longer than I expected. It only felt like a few hours with Lorrainne.

"What happened?"

"A vision?"

"What did you see?"

I frowned when I heard all the questions jumble into one.

"One at a time," said Liam. I smiled gratefully at him.

Rai went first. "What happened?"

I slumped back onto the head board, shaking my head. "She showed me a vision. It was horrible," I looked at Rai, hoping she would understand how horrible it was.

She reached out and took my hand. "What did you see?"

I looked at Trinity and I felt tears forming in my eyes. "You."

Trinity stiffened, "What do you mean? How would that be horrible?"

"A curse will be placed on you," then I began telling everyone about what I saw and what I had felt.