CHAPTER 16

"Wait" She paused as they head to the clinic. She can feel herself shaking and she actually feel the bile rising up her throat.

"What's up?"Julian held her arm. She looked up to him and exhaled a deep breath.

"Jules, what-what if di maganda yung makita nung doctor?"she squeezed her eyes shut as she recalled all her activities that might have potentially harm the baby.

"Shhh. Let's calm down first, okay? We shouldn't worry about things that has not happened yet. We'll ask her everything so we'll know what do"he said in a reassuring voice. He ran his hand from her arm down to her palm then he intertwined their fingers. He gave it a light squeeze as they started walking again.

Surprisingly, she felt her anxiety ebbing away. That was the first time they held hands in public. And despite convincing herself that she's already 30 and not a highschool student, she wasn't able to help the subtle fluttering in her stomach.

The doctor had a friendly face so she felt at ease as she started asking questions such as her last period, lifestyle and the symptoms she's been experiencing so far. She glanced at Julian before rambling about all stressful things that she had undergone prior to discovering her pregnancy. Nahihiya pa rin sya rito.

A small fraction was removed from her pile of worries when the doctor told them that the use of birth control pills during the first weeks of pregnancy wasn't scientifically proven to have an effect on the baby. But she has to quit them right away along with alcohol and some food.

"No problem"she eagerly responded when she mentioned about limiting caffeine intake. This wasn't her first time anyway. Ang pinagkaiba lang noon ay late na sya nakapagpaultrasound at hindi naman sya gumamit ng pills.

She also asked if she's allowed to exercise and she was glad to learn that it's even encouraged though not the rigorous ones. Binigyan din sila ng reseta ng mga vitamins para sa buntis. She exhaled upon remembering her first time. She didn't have the means then to buy healthy food, supplements or even schedule regular checkups.

"You, okay?"Julian asked beside her.

"Yeah" He kissed her temple then turned to the doctor.

"Can we see our baby now?"he grinned in excitement. The doctor smiled and directed them towards the room where the ultrasound will be performed.

Not long after, her palms were already sweaty and her heartbeat doubled as the monitor was shifting to find the fetus. She turned to Julian and saw his lips parted while awaiting for the screen to show a steady picture. He even wore his glasses to ensure a clear vision.