CHAPTER 15

"Why do you have so much faith in me? Hindi ka ba nakinig kanina? Hindi ka ba natatakot?"she bit her lip in frustration while awaiting his answer. She wanted to break away from the hug because it's becoming too comfortable already but he just tightened the embrace again.

"Nadine, I trust the person I knew. You were fifteen when it all happened...you didn't know what it was like because your mother wasn't there for the most part of your life"he said softly.

"You don't know what you're saying. I-I.."

"What?"he met her eyes again and tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

Napabuga siyang muli ng malalim.

"What if this pregnancy goes awry? Jules, my mind and body got so stressed lately. Nagconsume pa ko ng alcohol. And on top of that, I've been taking pills tapos buntis na pala ko. Pa-pano kung magkaron ng abnormalities?"tuloy-tuloy niyang sabi. Those thoughts have eating her away since she went back from the hospital.

Gusto nya na lang sumiksik sa isang sulok nang maging seryoso ulit ang anyo ni Julian. His forehead was slightly creased with worry. She knew it. He's upset. And she just fucked up again.

"I'm sorry"her voice shaking as she said that.

Julian just sighed and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"We'll figure it out, okay? Let's schedule our checkup in the OB so we can ask her about those stuff"

"Okay..."she murmured uncertainly. Hindi pa rin panatag ang loob niya.

"Anything else?" There was a small smile on his face now. How can he do that? Paano nito nakakaya na pagaanin ang loob niya ng ganon kadali? Kasi ayaw niya man, pero naramdaman niyang gumaan ang bigat na dinadala niya kanina. That's actually alarming.

Dahil dapat lang niyang dalhin ang guilt na iyon sa mahabang panahon. Walang kapatawaran ang ginawa niya noon. She deserve all the agony.

"Uhmm..how about my job?" She almost forgot what she was about to say because Julian was caressing her back again. It would be really nice to bury her nose in his chest and allow herself to relax. What the fuck is she thinking about? Bakit ang bilis magbago ng mood niya?

She stifled a yawn. Grabe, kagigising lang niya ah!

"Let's eat dinner first. I brought some food" Parang noon lang siya ulit nakaramdam ng gutom.