Chapter 36

"You knew what I had to lose.
I really don't know how please,
Won't you tell me now?
Why I'm losing myself again?
I seem to go nowhere..please
Won't you tell me?"

***

I open my eyes only for my gaze to be met with the ceiling of the old basement. I rub my eyes as I walk up the creaky stairs and make my way to the kitchen to get myself some water.

My body tenses when I run into Harry in the kitchen. I mean- it's his damn house..

He's in his black jeans with the black long coat, hair pushed back from his forehead. I assume that he's planning on going out somewhere considering that he barely ever wears a shirt with sweatpants when he's in the house.

I turn my gaze away from him and reach for a glass, not wanting to start a conversation with him.

He clears his throat to get my attention and when I turn to look at him while sipping my glass of water, he says, "I'm going out. I wrote the different chores for today, the paper is on the counter-top as always."

I move my eyes away from his and see the piece of paper placed on the counter. I look back at him and nod, not wanting to open my mouth to snap at him.

I'm really not in a mood of being a slave today.

"Okay then. You know the rules. I have locks and alarms all around the house, if you try to open any door or window that leads outside, I'll know. And if I get to know that you tried to pull some shit, we both know how that'll turn out," he smirks slightly as his gaze travels towards the lounge, to the exact spot where he shot Niall.

When my gaze follows his, I instantly feel disgusted by him but I bite my tongue from saying anything. I still can't help but mutter "heartless asshole" under my breath and cover it up by a cough.

His eyes snap back to mine while my turn to the floor. "What was that?" 

"What? I didn't say anything," I lie.

"Ahan. I need all the work done and food ready when I come back," he says as he makes his way towards the door. He slams it behind him and locks it.

Halfway through the last month, Harry decided to make me his slave or you could say his servant. I have to do all the chores which he demands and the food has to be ready before he comes home.

He trusts me enough to let me roam around in the house rather than keeping me locked up in the basement. I don't know what really happened but he started to act a bit different since the day he found me on the floor of the basement covered in blood.. But yet again when he catches himself being good, he turns back to stone cold again.

I really couldn't care less though. I mean, it's a good thing that he let me out of the basement but then maybe he knew that I would go insane by being myself all alone especially after what I witnessed. It felt like I was being suffocated there. 

But even Harry's generous side doesn't make me hate him any less.

I pull myself out of my thoughts and read the chores that he has written on the piece of paper. I get to work almost instantly since I don't feel like eating breakfast and I don't want to give him a reason to lock me up in the basement again.

After cleaning the whole house apart from his bedroom and the lounge, I make my way towards the lounge and start scrubbing the floor. I don't know what goes through my head but I find myself stunned, staring intently at the spot where there was a pool of blood once, when I come across it.