Chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV:

*Tring..Tring..Tring..*   "AHH THIS STUPID ALARM CLOCK!" I groan as I shut it off. Okay looks like I'll have to wake up if I don't want to be late. I get up and walk to the mirror, when I look at myself it feels like I'm a totally different person. My blue eyes now blood shot, hair all over the place, bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. Well i guess that's what you get for staying up late and finishing those stupid assignments. 

I simply take a shower and try to make myself look presentable. Not that I really care, but well, things we have to do in order to live in this society. I simply just wear Blue jeans with a pink crop top and a pair of black vans. As my house is almost at a walking distance from the college, i never really use my car. Even though my parents always tell me to, but they aren't here so why do they even care? It's not like they cared in the first place. They always loved my younger brother, Ethan. he was the "golden child" of the family, always obedient, good grades and what not. I always got the blame for the stupid things he did...

"Hey don't you dare to touch Mom's perfume! I swear I'm gonna kill you. You know that she loves it!", I yelled at Ethan.

"Haha, as if I care!", he said. And at the exact moment he accidentally dropped the perfume. "OH MY GOD. SHE IS GONNA KILL US." , I exclaimed in horror. "Nope, wrong. She is gonna kill YOU." And the little bit of the regret from breaking it vanishes from his face and with that, he turns around and shouts at the top of his lungs, "MOM SHE BROKE YOUR PERFUME!" and at that moment i didn't know whether to run for my life or to take his. 

.

The ringing of my phone drags me out of my thoughts. It's my mother calling me. I don't want to ruin my mood so ignore it and she leaves a voicemail. "Hey sweety! Hope you have a great day! I hope that you'll return to my call soon. I'll be looking forward to it. Take care. Bye!" 

As soon as the voicemail finishes, anger stirs inside of me.. Why is she even trying now when the damage is already done? My last words to her were, "I really hope that the day you realize what you did to me, it is too late!" I know that they were harsh, but what happened was even worst.

I snap out of my thoughts and check the time. Shit I'm late! I lock the door and start to run. I bump into a few people on my way there but I don't really pay attention and just mumble an apology and continue to run.  All of this workout for just an attendance! I hate college. I even missed my coffee today!

Finally when it's time for lunch, i make my way to the table that is usually where me and my two idiotic friends sit. 

I spot the blonde Irish and the jet black hair from a distance. I pull out a seat and sit with them. Niall Horan, my Irish friend, with a charming smile and ocean blue eyes that any girl would fall for. Except me and Christina, for some reason I don't know.. 

Sitting across him, to my left, Christina Brooks, a resting bitch face, jet black hair and a girl full of sarcasm. I know that they are polar opposites but they get along. Well i can say that I'm in between, I can be a bitch and I can also be a ball of joy at times. Depends on how you treat me and whether I like you or not. 

"Hey look who decided to show up! Finally Liz! I swear i was trying to decide whether to kill myself or push him off the roof of the building! He's annoying the living hell out of me!" she exclaims dramatically. 

"Oh come on Chris! we both know that you like my jokes!" Niall teases her. 

"Okay! Now shut up both of you and stop acting like fucking 4 year olds!" I seethe. 

"Ooh someone woke up at the wrong side of the bed today," he says. 

"Naah, I bet she just didn't have her morning coffee, that's it. Am I right or am I right, Liz?" Christina asks me. I don't say anything but just nod my head in return. "Well okay then, get her some coffee Nialler!" she says. Before he can protest, I give him a death glare which makes him close his mouth leave the table to get me a coffee without a word.

After college, i had to go to my work. I work at Starbucks, even though my parents send me money, I don't want to use them. Especially after I left their house to be independent, so i try to use the least amount of their money. I have a shift from 6 to 10. I hurriedly left my house and went to work. 

There were a lot of people today. I was at the cash counter, so I had to be fast. After a while, a person came to order but i didn't look at him as I was in a rush. I just asked, "Good evening sir, what can i get you?" without looking up.

He didn't reply.. I could feel his gaze burning into me, I finally looked up into his eyes. They were green, but I was in a rush so I didn't have the time to look at his features in detail. But when i looked at his eyes for just a second, those eyes, they were not normal. Something felt wrong... And with that, I instantly broke the eye contact.

-_-_-_-

Thoughts?

Do vote and comment!

-A.S.