Chapter 14

"It was all a dream."

***

It's been a week since the last "hangout" with Zayn. Everything has been calm since then. A bit too calm.. 

But my subconscious has decided to shut up for once and I'm thankful for it. Everything has been the same. And a part of it is scaring me a bit. My life has never been this normal. Classes have been the same, Niall and Christina have been bickering back and forth as always. But when do they ever stop? I guess it's their bickering which takes my mind off of things for a bit. 

They remind me of the past, back when we were living in Seattle and Niall had just moved there from Ireland. Louis had moved there from England a few years prior. I still remember how Chris and Louis would team up just to tease Niall about different things and then I would have to step in and tell them to back off.

He was such a cute little Irish!

It all started then. Me, Niall, Christina, and Louis became best friends. We were literally inseparable. There were even rumors about Louis and Christina dating but both of them never really cared about it. Whenever they were asked, they would just giggle and do something which would make it even more suspicious.

Even though it wasn't true, but Louis always had that slight possessive streak to him whenever it came to Christina. And he was the only one for whom Christina had a soft corner for in her heart. It took her years to warm up to me even though we are childhood friends and yet she warmed up to him in a few weeks. 

She would literally try to kill me and Niall whenever we called her 'Chris'. It was nickname given to her by Louis and he was the only one to survive after calling her that. And she wouldn't even say something to him. As if it was completely normal. It still shocks me how these two idiots didn't end up together. And the fact that Louis let her move all the way to England. I mean, he did try everything he could to stop her. But when Christina makes a decision, no one on Earth can stop her. 

Our childhood was a mess but I don't regret a single second of it, apart from by parents' behavior towards me.

However, I'm dragged out of my thoughts by April's voice.

"Someone's very happy. What's up? Are you on drugs?"

I'm currently standing here, ending my shift with her at work.

"Nooo. Well maybe," I reply with a huge grin on my face.

"Oh, that explains why you were smiling like an idiot. Just kiddin'. Keep smiling, you look adorable."

"I was? I didn't even notice."

"Well maybe because you were too busy thinking about something or dare I say, someone.?" she winks.

Speaking of someone, it reminds me of Zayn. We have been hanging out the whole week. He usually comes by at my work and walks me to my house. I think it's pretty cute. He hasn't tried anything after that day though; when Chris ruined our moment. He gets a coffee and we just talk on our way to my house. He has just made it a kind of a routine for us to do everyday.

"No, not a someone. Had a trip down the memory lane. That's all," I say looking down while wiping the counter top. 

"Well, speaking of someone..," She nudges my shoulder slightly, making me look towards her.

She has one of those bright smiles on her face while she moves her chin in the direction of the door, making me look towards it.

There he is. Looking handsome as ever. I can't help but smile as he walks up to me. He stands in front of me with a smug look on his face. He stares me up and down and then leans in, pressing his hands on the counter top.