Chapter 29

"Now I got you in my space,
I won't let go of you.
Got you shackled in my embrace.
I'm latching onto you."

***

TRIGGER WARNING!

"Baby, I already told you. Tonight, I'm here to take what's mine."

He stands up from the chair and makes his way to stand in front of me while adjusting his black long coat.

"A-And what's that..?" I ask, scared of his answer.

"You," he replies calmly and turns away from me. 

"But-" he walks away in the other direction before I get to say anything. My gaze follows him.

He walks towards the wall where a frame sits on the ground

He walks towards the wall where a frame sits on the ground. It's a sketch of me which Liam drew and gave to me as a late birthday present on the day we left for London. I didn't get the time to hang it in my room so I just left it there. 

"Hmm, pretty. He is either actually good at what he does or it's because you yourself a piece of art," he acknowledges as he examines the sketch closely and I try not to cringe at his words.

"What do you really want from me?" I try to get an actual answer this time, ignoring his previous words.

"Oh simple. I'm here to take you with me," he says as if it's no big deal while on the other hand. my breath hitches and I feel my blood run cold.

"W-what?" I stutter.

"It was getting pretty boring to wait for you or to just watch you from far away, so I thought why not keep you with me at all times? You could call it kidnapping, but it would be a harsh word in my opinion. I'm just here to take what already is mine." he says with his back to me, his eyes still on the sketch.

His words hit me like a shit ton of bricks and I instantly reach into the waistband of my pants, slowly pulling out the gun which Liam gave me.

FLASHBACK

Liam hands his drink to Niall as he steps forward to pull me into a bear hug. I hug him back as I whisper into his ear, "I can't put into words how proud I am of you. I'm so happy for you Li"

But then his hand slips under my grey coat and I feel him place something in the waistband. My eyes widen as I slightly realize what it is.

"It's a gun. It's for your safety, Rose. Don't use it unless you have to," he whispers referring to the four hour drive I have ahead of me. I nod at his words as he pulls away from me and smiles again.

I couldn't believe him as I stared at him in shock.

"Thank you, Rose! I love you! Take care of yourself!" he says happily as if nothing happened and he didn't just slip a gun in my waistband.