Chapter 7

"Every breath you take.
Every move you make.
Every bond you break.
Every step you take."

"I'll be watching you."

My eyes shoot open and I sit up on my bed. I'm breathing heavily. "It's okay. It's all okay. It was just a nightmare." I keep repeating to myself. When I have calmed down, I look at the clock and it's 9 pm. Damn I slept for a few hours.

It's been a week. A week since the last time I saw him. That night. That terrifying night is still stuck inside my mind. I've been having nightmares in which the series of those events would repeat again and again. Sometimes there would be something more, like this time. He had me pinned against the wall and he was whispering these words in my ear. This guy is really getting in my head. I need to do something about this. But what should I do? I can neither go to the police nor tell Christina or Niall about this, because it will result in risking their life. That is the last thing I want right now. There are only these two here. Can't risk it. 

I'm totally lost in my thoughts when I hear a sound from the kitchen. I'm frozen in my bed and my eyes are wide. I start to make my way towards the kitchen, careful not to make a sound. Well I know better than to start asking "who's there?" and get myself killed.

I decide to pick up a baseball bat and as I reach the kitchen, I hear very familiar voices. Just as I get closer, someone comes out of the kitchen and as I almost hit them with the bat, they scream. It makes me scream bloody murder with my eyes closed. As we are both screaming, someone else comes screaming out of the kitchen. Wait, what?

I notice that the one who started screaming was a girl's voice and the other one is a guy's voice. Why do they sound familiar? Then it hits me, I know exactly who they are. I stop screaming as well as them and open my eyes to see Christina with her hands up in defense and eyes closed and then Niall standing with a bag of Doritos in his hand. I swear this guy never stops eating!

"Bloody Hell!" Christina yells.

"What the fuck are you two doing in my house at this time and why are you screaming?" I ask them.

"Why were you screaming?" she asks me.

"Because you started screaming!"

"I started screaming because someone was coming to hit me with a baseball bat!" she says as a matter of factly.

"And why were you screaming, Niall?" we both ask in unison.

"Umm, I don't know, I heard you both screaming I thought it was a screaming contest going on. That's why I started to scream."

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"Naah. Just wanted to annoy you both, that's all."

"Okay so what are you guys doing here and more importantly how did you guys get in here?"

"You weren't being yourself this whole week, so it was Niall's idea to have a movie night at your house because he wanted to cheer you up and he also wanted some food to eat. So here we are invading your kitchen, since you always keep it stocked."

"Oh and we got in because Christina has a key of your house, duh!" Niall adds.

"Okay.. Well I really appreciate you guys worrying about me but you guys really don't have to do this."