Kai and Minjun (Short)

Hey guys! It's been a while! I've just started my senior year so I'm trying to get my college applications in! I hope everyone is safe and well. I've been trying to recover my password but I can't so I can't log into Wattpad anymore. Luckily I was already logged into my iPad which is where I am now. Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this short story. I had it saved in my drafts for a while because I wanted to expand on it but I decided that I like it as is so I hope y'all enjoy! Thank you guys so much for reading this far! I love you all!

I take a deep breath. My mother stops the car around the block from my new school. She breathes out before turning to face me.

"I'm sorry we had to move Minjun. But don't worry, you'll blend right in. This school will be perfect for you. We made sure of it."

I scoff. This was our fifth move in the last three years. I was tired of hearing the same speech over and over again. Every time I had to leave my friends behind and make new ones. I knew my parents had the same issue so I suck it up. "It's okay mom. I'll see you later."

I quickly try opening the door but it was locked. Irritated, I unlock the door fast and slam the door open.

"OUCH!"

To my horror, I realize that I hit someone with my door. I immediately hop out of the car and close my door, as does my mother.

"Honey, I'll go get the school nurse."

I look down to see a boy on the floor and next to him, a crouching girl. The boy had golden skin that was highlighted by the sun and black hair that was brushed off back and to the side. He was clutching on to his stomach and lower chest area. Next to him, the girl had her hair brushed into two simple braids. They both looked gorgeous. Then I notice, they both were wearing the same uniforms as me.

I quickly crouch down next to the other side of the boy and place my hand on the back of his shoulder to hold him up. He looks startled when he sees me but the girl next to him immediately begins to take action.

"Okay Kai listen to me. Take a deep breath."

He proceeds and flinches.

She squirms uncomfortably to his evident pain. "Kai I think you have a broken rib." Then she looks up to me. "You do realize that this is your fault right? You should have looked where you were opening the door."

"I'm really sorry. I didn't look I'm really really sorry. Also my mom's on the way with the nurse."

"Well sorry won't fix his injury."

I look around trying to think of an answer. "I- I'll pay for any medical attention you need and I'll help you around school. I'm so sorry."

Kai just nods as he seems to be in too much pain to even speak. The girl looks over to him and her expression soften. She presses her forehead and breathes out. "I guess that would be enough."

"I'm really sorry again. I look over to the boy again. "I'm really sorry Kai. I'll make it up to you I promise."

I look up at the girl who now had a warming smile.

"I'm sure if he could speak he would say okay. Anyways this idiot should have also been more careful while walking." She jokingly punches his cheek. "What grade are you in?" She asks me.

"Oh I'm in sixth grade. It's actually my first day."

She looks excited. "Ooh! We're in the same grade. We can all be friends!"

I nod excitedly. "Yes! I'd love that. Thank you!"

"Oh no don't thank us. Well, what's your name?"

"Minjun. How about you?"

"Y/N and I'm sure you already know this is Kai."

I nod with a big smile and Kai has a small smile.

Suddenly rapid footsteps come up behind us. My mom and two of the school nurse had come with a wheelchair. We all help load Kai on to there. My mom pulls me aside and I update her on the fact that his rib might be broken. She nods in disappointment and says that we will help pay for his medical bills. I knew I'd be getting lectured when I got home. As Kai gets whisked away on a wheelchair, y/n walks with me to our first class. On the way, she says hi to several people in the hallway. Everyone seemed to love her and honestly, in the few minutes for which I knew her, I did too. She was protective of her friends and she was very sweet. She made sure to introduce me to several of her friends. As we made it to our first class, we sat down next to two kids as the desks were in rows of four.

"Hey Xiumin! Hey Sooyeon! This is Minjun. She's a new student."

I wave awkwardly to the two. In unison, they wave back with sweet smiles. I take a seat as class begins.

Soon it was lunch time. The four of us stand up and that's when y/N asks, "Hey, do you guys want to go check on Kai?"

"What happened to him?" Asks Xiumin.

I flinch and duck my head as y/n bites her lip as she looks over at me.

"Well let's just say he got into a little accident."

"Oh no! Is he all right?" Asks Sooyeon.

"Well I hope he is."

Quietly the four of us make our way to the nurse's office. As we open the door, we look around to find Kai, which wasn't difficult as he was the only one there.

Y/N walks over to his backpack and picks out his lunchbox. She then takes it to Kai who was sitting on one of the beds, leaning of the pillows and his legs stretched.

"How are you doing idiot?" y/n says as she sits down in a chair behind him.

"Well one of my ribs have a fracture but otherwise I'm alright." He opens his lunchbox as y/n hands him a tray from behind her. Xiumin and Sooyeon take a seat together on the bed next to Kai as they too take out their food. I grip by lunchbox and pull up a chair next to him as well. As we all ate our food, they all teased Kai about how clumsy he was as he just laughed and ate his food. Finally, as they finished, Xiumin and Sooyeon decided to head back to class and y/n decides to wait outside as I told her I wanted to talk to Kai privately.

"Hey," I say as I walk towards him.

He smiles back which I honestly was shocked at as I fractured his ribs. I'm still so confused why they were all so kind to me even after what I did. "Hey," he responds.

"I just really wanted to say I'm so sorry. I should have been more careful. Also, I'll help pay for your medical bills."

"Noo it's honestly okay Minjun," he says giggling.

"Nope nope nope. I will pay for you medical bills no debate. I will also help you walk to all of your classes as you heal. Okay?"

His eyes soften as he smiles. "Okay. How could I reject the offer to spend more time with you?" He blushes as he says this and I do the same. We both giggle as we turn away and I quickly walk outside to join y/n.