Interrogation

"Where were you yesterday morning?"

Yesterday night, the cops brought me in and placed me in a jail cell for attempted murder. Apparently they received a tip from an anonymous source that said it was me. I woke up in the cell morning and ate the "food" they served. If you could even consider it that. Then they brought me inside the interrogation room, where I am now.

The room was a shade of cream and completely bare. There was what seemed to be this huge mirror on one of the walls, but it was actually 2 sided glass. Behind was probably a horde of detectives. The chair was a smooth, black leather and had wheels on it. It's one of those chairs which you had to refrain from spinning around in. The interrogator was sitting in a chair identical to mine straight across from me. He handcuffed one of my hands to a bar on the table. The table was a long rectangular, white table which little bumps on it. There was also a lot of scratches on the bar holding the handcuffs.

"As I've already said the last billion times you've asked me this question, I was first at Suho's house. Then I went to my house to freshen up. Then on the way back to Suho's house, I noticed the commotion in front of school so I stopped by. That's when the cop broke the news. Now can you tell me who the heck told you it was me?"

The interrogator ignores my question and continues writing down notes. He seemed to be in his mid 20's. He had this very grim expression on him. His hair was brushed back and he had these big brown eyes. He seemed pretty boring except one fact, his hair color. It was a striking silver. He was pretty handsome and would probably look better if he didn't seem to have a constant frown.

"So you magically went back home around the time that the crime was committed and then you magically appeared a few seconds after the crime was committed, in front of a cop?" He raises an eyebrow which just screams the expression "really?"

"Look I honestly don't know what happened. But I promise it wasn't me. You can keep me in this jail for as long as you need but while you're turning all you're focus and attention on me, the real murderer is getting away. Please, I beg you, look for other clues. Throw me in prison if you need assurance of me not getting away but don't go off eye witness testimony or circumstantial evidence."

He rolls his eyes and continues writing things down. "Listen Y/N. Let me break down your situation right now. You have no alibi. You're timing was convenient and you were on the crime scene when police arrived. But don't worry. We're still looking for clues. And don't worry. I'll keep you in prison as long as I want to." He presses his lips together, flashing me a fake smile. Then he uncuffs my hands and leads me back to my miserable cell.

"Isn't there a thing called innocent til proven guilty?"

He locks he door as he speaks. "Yup. And right now, you're looking pretty guilty."

"This- this is a violation of human rights! You have no evidence." I look up to the tall man in front of me and stare him dead in the eyes, taking my little finger and poking it one his head. "What's your name? I'm reporting you once I'm out."

He quickly takes his hand and grabs my finger. He yanks my hand and gently pulls me closer against the cold metal bars of the cell. In the process, he also comes closer, till the two of us were barely a centimeter away. I struggle to escape his grip, but it's too strong.

"My name is Chanyeol," he whispers. "And sweetie, don't worry about reporting me. I'm the head of this police department." My eyes widen at his words, causing him to let out a small giggle. With that he lets go of my finger and walks away, leaving me in awe.

I scoff as I head back to the bed in the tiny cell. I always thought that the worst part of jail would be the people but it's actually the minimal amount of things to do. I mean it's jail... what exactly can you do? The cell was bare except a small stack of dusty, torn books on the floor next to the bed. I pick up the book on the top and quickly dive into it.

"Y/N, you have a visitor." My ears perk up. I gently place my book on the floor and quickly hop from the bed. The police officer guarding my cell led me to this small room.

The room was sort of like the interrogation room in the sense that is had the same furnishings and wall color but there wasn't a two sided window. Also the room was packed with even more cameras than the interrogation room. Within every 3 feet, there seemed to be a camera. As I take a seat in the chair, the police officer handcuffs me to the table. 

"Sorry sweetie. It's protocol." I give he a quick nod not knowing what else to say. She was just doing her job.

Soon the door opens and in walk my parents, Suho, and Suho's parents. They all squeeze in against one another on the other side. The aura of the room was packed with concern. The faces across from me all read one expression... panic. And it made me wonder if they were just reflecting mine.

My dad is the first to pipe up and break the awkward silence that had engulfed the room. "Listen Y/N, we'll get you out so don't worry. You're innocent so just hang on." He pauses a moment to think but then Suho starts talking.

"These police officers don't know anything! They can't even do a single job properly, can they?" He yells facing the camera directly above me. He slams his fist against the table and groans into his hand. His mom immediately places a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"Listen guys, don't worry about me. They have some books which are keeping me occupied so I'd really appreciate if you guys can get me some books to read because I am dying of boredom and am desperate for entertainment but my book stack is almost gone and I'm panicking so yeah please get me some book." I take a deep breath as I finish my sentence and look at the stunned group in front of me, with a smile. They all nod with unison as I try my best to keep up my brave smile. I know for a fact that if I show any fear, my parents would be in double the amount. Then my mind wanders back to the man in the hospital who was on the brink of death. My chest tenses up in worry. I hope I get the answer I want. "How is Baekhyun?"

Suho pipes up. "His surgery went well and he'll have a quick recovery." My chest relaxes at the news. He'll live. 

"Time's up!" We all turn to face the police officer that had just walked in. After short and rushed goodbyes, the police officer takes me back to my cell. I plop down on the small bed and sigh. 

Who would want to kill Baekhyun?

Was he just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Or maybe, it was a grudge?

That's when it hits me. Could it be...? Yes! I need proof now. I just need proof.