Chapter 11

She loved the way her hands fit perfectly with his. And the way the whole world seemed to be brighter because he was walking beside her. If she wasn't sure before, then she was absolutely sure now- she loved him more than she loved anyone else in the world.

"Augusta," Hans said. "Do you want to meet my parents?"

They had been walking together as usual. And it was quiet for a while, but not one of those awkward silences.

She stared up at him nervously.

"When?"

"Tomorrow. They're coming to visit. I told them about you and they really want to meet you."

"Uh, sure. Why not?"

She didn't know what to do. Sure, she loved Hans, and she felt comfortable around him.... but meeting his parents was nerve wracking.

"Hey," he said, laughing and squeezing her hand tighter. "You don't have to be nervous. They're really nice. Everyone that I'm friends with says so. And my brother's really shy, so he won't say much to you. My parents love everyone."

"But I'm not exactly just one of your friends."

He smiled. "No, but you're the love of my life. If I love you, then they'll love you too."

"Okay, okay," she said. "I'm excited."

"Me too. You have no idea how much I really want you to meet them."

"Why?"

"Well, why not? And I've never felt this sure about anyone before."

She smiled. She loved it when he said these things to her. Augusta was flattered that he had told his parents great things about her, but she wished that she could sit with her mother and talk about him all day too. She was so sure that her mother would have liked him.

"I'm sorry about my situation. I would've loved for you to meet my parents."

"I've already told you, that's not your fault. And you don't need to be sorry."

"But...."

"No buts!"

"All right then!"

He gently tilted her chin upwards and kissed her.

"I just want you to know that no matter what happens, I'll always love you," he said.

"I love you too."

She'd met plenty of parents before, but this time was a lot different. Augusta even made sure that she looked extra special, not too dressed up but not like she was going to the market either.

"You look very nice," her mother said.

"Thanks. I'm just going to a party with some friends."

"All right dear. Have fun. And be careful, because you're getting married soon!"

Augusta sighed. "Mother!"

"Sorry, dear. I just don't want you to get hurt. Many women do things they shouldn't do at parties."

"Okay, well, I'll see you later."

She laughed at her mother's concern. As if she would do such thing.

"Hey, Augusta!" Hans said as he opened the door. "You look beautiful as always."

He quickly kissed her and took her hand.

About a moment later, his parents appeared. His mother reminded her of her own. She had blonde hair that she braided, and his father had gray hair and was very tall like Hans.

"So you must be the girl my son loves," his father said. "He wasn't lying when he said that you're beautiful."

Hans blushed, and she laughed.

She followed his parents into the kitchen, where they had coffee and cake. Afterwards, his mother asked Augusta to come with her.

Augusta sat beside his mother on the couch, the couch that she surrendered her virginity to Hans a few nights ago. She smiled at the memory.

"I just want to know something, and I want you to be honest."

"Okay." That was easy.

His mother gazed at her with a smile on her face.

"Are you in love with my son?"

Augusta looked away. She nodded and smiled.

"You're not just some foolish couple?"

"Absolutely not."

She couldn't describe the way she felt about Hans at all. He meant the world to her, and it absolutely stunned her that she could have such powerful feelings for someone.

"I love Hans," she said simply, not trusting herself to say anything else.

His mother smiled. "I can see it written all over your face. He feels the same way about you, you know. Whenever he talks about you, his face lights up in a way that I've never seen before. It's as if you put the stars in the sky."

She reached out and hugged Augusta.

"Go on now. Your love will be waiting."

Your love.

She smiled at those words and she automatically knew that her life was going to get better, because Hans was all hers.