15 - The Notebook

Back in the Land Bounty, the ninja were huddled around a table, with the book Ronin gave them placed in the middle.

"Alright," Cole muffled with half a pastry in his mouth. "Let's open this book and see what we're dealing with."

Zane opened the leather notebook. The first page was slightly stained; it wrote:

Property of Marcus Q.

"Hold on - was Marcus there too? This clearly says it's his book..." Nya started, perplexed.

"Or maybe that Axel guy is working with Marcus. He probably took the book from him before he attacked the studio." Lloyd suggested. They turned the pages to reveal what looked like notes and plans.

"Huh, Marcus better fix up his handwriting - it looks like chicken scratch." Kai commented. They flicked through the incoherent notes until they came across a different handwritten note, along with a well-drawn map.

Friday 12pm, Studio B

Deliver lilac ninja to AV , 2 days

"Wait- look! That's about yesterday's incident, at Clyde Wolf's studio." Jay pointed out. "It's the exact time of our interview as well."

"But somebody else wrote this - the handwriting's different." Lloyd paused before speaking again. "Maybe Axel was using Marcus - They wanted to take Jupiter...but why?"

"Perhaps this map would give us answers." Zane opened up the folded page to reveal the map. It was a representation of Ninjago, but with another unfamiliar piece of land drawn separately. The map of Ninjago was covered with trails and scribbles.

"There's an X, right there," Zane indicated to what seemed to be the desert. "I suggest we go there; it could be a location of significance."

"I agree. Set course for those coordinates." Lloyd said firmly.

Nya continued examining the book.

"Deliver lilac ninja to AV. What's 'AV'? A person? Place?" She speculated out loud.

"We'll find out. But for now, this map speaks more to us than the incoherent writing." Kai said.

They fired up the vehicles engines and drove there way out of the city towards the desert. Whilst peacefully roaming through the sandy dunes, a sudden call popped up on the Land Bounty's screen. Jay tapped it and Master Wu's face appeared.

"Master Wu!" He exclaimed. At that moment, the other ninja gathered to the front screen to see.

"Are you ninja off on another mission again? Without alerting me first?" The old man questioned. Pixal had returned to the Monastery and was loitering behind Master Wu. The ninja hesitated to come up with an answer that won't land them on Master Wu's grumpy side, but he spoke again.

"Pixal informed me of what happened. I always fear it when something happens to one of my students. I trust that you'll find Jupiter and return safely."

"We will, Master." Lloyd said to the screen. "We will."