6 - Back at the Monastery

"There you all are!" Pixal exclaimed. "Master Wu and I were worried you got into some trouble after the whole incident at the studio today." 

Master Wu and Pixal stood at the steps of the Monastery's porch as the ninja returned. 

"Did everything go well at the Police Station?" Master Wu asked curiously, stroking his beard. 

"Not exactly. We didn't get much information on the guy". Jupiter replied. 

"Besides," Cole started. "I don't think it matters much anymore. I mean, sure, he was a dodgy character but he's in Kryptarium now; It's unlikely he'll cause any harm now." 

"He's got a point." Jay inputted, gesturing at Cole. 

Master Wu kept a calm look on his face. "Alright then. I suppose you all can have the evening free." Sounds of relief filled the courtyard; everyone headed inside the Monastery and took the rest of the time to relax and do their own thing. "But keep it down!" instructed Wu. "I'll be using this time to meditate." 

"Now'd be a good time to get started on that new game, Lava Zombies 2!" Cole excitedly suggested. "It's got a new multiplayer mode!" 

"Finally! Now I can show you boys how it's really done!" Nya rushed into the lounge first and grabbed hold of a controller. Jay, Kai and Cole followed close behind. 

"And I can finally get a turn!" Pixal said in a miffed tone. 

"You guys coming?" Kai turned and asked the others.

Jupiter shook her head lightly. "I've got some tidying to do -  my room hasn't been cleaned in weeks; I'll catch up with you guys later." She walked off down the hall. 

Kai looked at Lloyd and Zane.

"Sure thing  - I've just-uh- I've got something I need to do first." said Lloyd, and with that being said, he headed to his room. 

*   *   * 

Zane knocked on Lloyd's bedroom door. 

"Lloyd? Are you alright?" He cracked open the door to see a startled Lloyd standing in front of the mirror. 

"ZANE! Ever heard of knocking?" He said, irritated.

"Er, I'm pretty certain I did knock- what are you hiding behind your back?" He asked curiously. 

He awkwardly stood in silence. He was about to speak when Zane suddenly spoke first. 

"Hm. My sensors indicate that you're likely hiding a flower behind your back." 

A look of surprise and embarrassment crossed Lloyd's face. 

"Wh-How did you know that?" 

"I'm a nindroid. Also, your room smells much better than it usually does. Out of all people, I wouldn't expect you to have a flower for the sake of it." 

Zane walked over to Lloyd's bed and sat on the edge. He patted the spot beside him, so Lloyd stiffly shuffled over and sat by Zane. He held the simple red rose tightly in his hand.

"So. Who's it for?" The nindroid taunted. The green ninja blushed but proceeded to explain anyway. He knew he could trust Zane; he's like a loyal big brother, who just so happens to be made of titanium. 

"It's just for..uh..Jupiter. It's been a long while and I felt that she was- that we were...", he sighed. "It's kinda hard to explain." 

"I may not understand entirely what you're going through, but I assume this is another crush? Just like Harumi? or--" 

"I'm just a bit sick of feeling lonley. And having temporary relations. That's all. Also, she's just really cool, y'know? I'm curious to see if she's up for the same thing." He gently tapped the petals of the flower.

Zane scoffed in a friendly way. "Listen, Lloyd. I'm no 'love-expert', or whatever Kai calls himself, but any good friend would tell you to just do it. Emotionally, you'd feel much better." 

"But what if she...isn't feeling the same way? You know about the other guy from her high school, right?" 

Zane shook his head. "The present is all that matters in this situation. How do you feel?". He gave Lloyd a fist-bump before heading out of his room.