7 - Unexpected text

"Oh so there's my katana!" Jupiter muttered to herself. She reached further under her bed to grab the dusty weapon. Her room looked like the aftermath of a bomb; belongings scattered everywhere; things from her old life and her new life distributed around her room in a crazy hodge-podge. 

After recovering the lost items from under her bed, she moved on to shelving her books. All of a sudden, she got an alert on her phone. It wasn't from any of her social apps; it was from her phone's text messaging app, the one that no one uses anymore. Immediately, she went across the room to grab her phone and take a look at her text. 

Unknown number: Come outside the Monastery gates 

Confusion filled her head. Who was this? Abruptly, another text came in. 

Unknown number: Please.

"Well if this person was desperate enough to be polite, then I better go check it out." She thought. She hesitated to take her bo-staff in case it was a trick, but in all the mess, it'd take her a while to find it, so she ended up taking an old baseball bat with her. 

Outside, the sun was setting and a chilly breeze passed through the courtyard. She walked over to the gates and gently opened them, keeping her bat at hand (just in case.) 

"Ah, finally! I thought you'd ignore me." It was Ronin. He was leaning against his airship R.E.X with his phone clutched in his hands. 

"How and why do you have my number?" Jupiter inquired. Her grasp on the baseball bat loosened but she didn't relax her hand. 

"You're all over the internet - surely someone had to be smart enough to find your number. In fact, I've got all your numbers - even Master Wu!" 

"I didn't even know Wu had a phone..." She said, still very confused. "What do you want?"

"Not me - the News agency. Fans were complaining all day about not being able to watch the Clyde Wolf interview earlier today because of...the incident. The company handed over the arrangement to a magazine company instead and promised an interview from each ninja - yours was most requested." Ronin explained. 

"Wait, so this is another interview? For a magazine? Who even reads magazines anymore?" Jupiter asked. 

"It's an online magazine. Sheesh, you ninja really are out of contact from fans." Ronin shoved his phone back into his pocket and got into his airship. "Well, what are you waiting for? The guy's waiting for you at Steep Wisdom Tea Shop."

"Oh! Right!" Jupiter hesitated before stepping into the other side of R.E.X. She didn't want to disappoint the fans again. 

"And you can ditch the baseball bat - I'm not kidnapping you." 

Jupiter looked at the bat she was still clasping. "I think I'll keep it. It's lucky."