Chapter 43;

Holly's POV

I was in one of those moods where nothing satisfied me. My morning coffee was too hot, my article wasn't funny enough, my music wasn't suiting my mood, my lunch wasn't filling enough, my clothes didn't for right.

I just wasn't happy. And I hadn't been for a while.

"Hello?" I sigh answering my phone laying on the sofa, Harly on my lap.

"Darling,"

I roll my eyes at my mothers voice.

"Hi mum," I mumble.

"I watched the Brits the other night, huge congratulations to Harry! Are you with him?"

"No, he's out."

"Oh," She was stunned at my abrupt behaviour. "Well, pass on my congrats."

"Will do.."

"Ciao darling."

"Bye mum."

I slammed my phone into the sofa, Harly jumped up and looked at me before settling back again into my lap.

I'd spent the rest of my day pretty much like that, laying on the sofa, thinking about life and occasionally getting something to eat and drink.

"Babe," Harry smiled coming in that evening, he had a plastic bag in his hand, throwing his keys on the side. "I brought food,"

I gave him a small smile. "It's okay, I've eaten,"

"Oh," He frowns looking down.

"It's okay, help yourself.. I'm going to bed."

He checks his phone. "It's barely nine,"

I step around him towards the stairs. "I'm tired," I lie.

"Okay," I hear him say softly as I walk upstairs.

I heard him coming upstairs, he walked into my room and stripped down to his boxers. He climbed into the sheets, shifting to spoon me.

"You okay?" He kisses my ear softly. It wasn't sexual or suggestive, just a sweet gesture.

"Fine," I answer.

He wraps an arm over my stomach shifting closer. "I love you," He whispers.

I don't know why but it made me cry, I guess it was because I knew that this couldn't continue. I couldn't continue to feel so close to him only when he was with me, but feel so detached when he wasn't. We weren't consistent.

I bite my lip, my hands slowly raising to wipe my tears. Harry notices though, of course.

"Baby? ..Why are you crying?" He turns me over to lay on my back.

"Just.. emotional."

"Tell me, what's wrong?" He lay on his side, eyes on me, a finger tracing my collarbone.

"I've just had a shit day,"

He swallows, eyes on mine. I loved how if you looked closely you could see the green flecks mixing with brown. One eyebrow was more curved than the other, and his eyelashes started blonde and faded brown.

"Why? What happened?"

I shrug.

"You're not helping me babe," He sighed.

"I don't really want to talk,"

He lifted his arm for me to rest on his chest. I obliged, my hand on his butterfly tattoo. He kissed my hair, hand on my spine.

"I love you Holly McIntyre,"

The tears appeared again as I slowly spoke; "I love you too Harry."

But sadly, love wasn't enough for me anymore.