Chapter 16;

Holly's POV

"What?" I gasp.

"It wasn't an easy decision Holly, we've had to cut-"

"You're firing me?! How can you - you can't - I'm not-" I slowly started to cry, if Monday morning couldn't get any worse it just did.

"I'm sorry Holly it's a company decision, you are our top employee-"

"So why am I being fired?"

"We simply can't keep you here,"

I stand. "Right, that makes perfect sense."

"Holly-"

"I hope you realise you've just lost someone extremely crucial to your company."

With that I grab my bag and slam the door behind me, heading for the elevator. Heading out of the building I see Perrie holding a box.

"They fired you?" She asks sadly.

"I'm so sorry," I breathe guilty that she'd now lose her job too.

She side glances at the elevator before giving me an apologetic smile.

"Are you moving your stuff out already?"

"No, actually.." She shakes her head. "I've been offered a PA job a floor above."

I feel the knife twist in my back. "Oh,"

"Holly-"

"Save it," I interrupt. "I've had enough bullshit from this company."

Heading home I text Harry who was at the Sony offices this morning.

Me: When can you be home?😔 xx

Harry: 45mins tops. Sup sugar? Xx

I smile at his pet name.

Me: Tell you when we're both home. Just come to my place x x

Arriving home I immediately change into my pyjamas not caring that it wasn't even midday yet. I made myself some soup and tea before cuddling Harly on the sofa whilst watching tv.

When Harry arrived home he was carrying roses.

"You didn't sound happy on the phone," Was his explanation before I wrapped my legs and arms around him and cried into his neck.

"What happened baby?"

"I got.." I cry again as he settles me in his lap on the sofa.

"Huh? You got what?"

"Fired." I whisper the words foul on my tongue. "They fired me, I've never been fired before in my life." I sob.

He holds me close to him, rocking us back and forth, rubbing my back comfortingly.

"It's okay, you can find another job. I can guarantee there's millions of jobs you can do."

I sniffle not caring how I look when I lean back. "You think?"

He wipes my eyes with his thumbs taking his tshirt in his hand and wiping my face dry. "I know so, you've got a degree. What can't you do?"

I sigh slumping my shoulders. "I loved my job."

"And you'll love the next, maybe this is a sign."

"Of what?"

"That you need change. A shake up."

"I don't know.."

"Come on Hol, live a little. It's not as if you struggle for money. This also means you can come with me on my radio tour." He beams.

I look up at him. "Yay," I wasn't enthusiastic as I should have been because I was still sad but I was glad I could go around England with him, I secretly wasn't ready to miss him again.

He kissed my forehead. "We can see different places together, I can set up cute dates.. it'll be the time of your life."

"You have to let me search for jobs whilst we're doing it, I won't just allow myself to be a couch potato." I point at him with a stern face.

He breathes, "Fine."

I clap as Harly jumps into our lap. "This one will have to stay with uncle Louis and Eleanor." I say holding her to me talking in a baby voice. She squirms leaving me to jump on the sofa opposite us.

"Want me to cook you some lunch or do you want to go out? My treat?"

I look up at him, a smile on my lips for the first time today. Boy am I lucky to have him.

"Let's go out."

- -

We were sat in a lunch place in town, Harry had insisted we go because it 'has the best eggs benedict in the world' according to Harry, I don't even like eggs benedict but I still agreed to go simply because of the smile on his face.

"This is what I'd have my lunch bistro restaurant look like if I owned one." I comment looking around, it was really cute and warm, chalkboards with the daily favourites, quirky plant pots with cutlery and serviettes in, stools instead of chairs.

"Really?"

I nod, "Really."

"I could imagine that."

"I couldn't imagine actually doing it though." I scoff. "I'd have to do my own taxes - and we all know I'm useless with money."

He smirks holding his glass to his mouth. "I won't disagree there."

Twenty minutes into eating we were approached by three girls, all seeming around the ages of 14/15.

"Hi." The blonde girl grinned, her two friends shying away. "You're Harry. Harry Styles. Right?"

"Right." He nods. "What can I do for you?"

"Sign this?" She blushes handing him a plain phone case. "And take a photo?"

'Please perhaps?' I scold in my head. 'That would be nice.' I think.

"Sure,"

He took a photo with all three before signing things, they then gave him their twitters. Whilst that was going on, I couldn't help but feel the other girls' eyes on me, when he wasn't speaking to one, the other two would be glaring at me, as if I'd done something.

I hadn't had much experience with fan girls but I know that the number one rule to someone who is famous and hot is that he cannot have a girlfriend. Although he isn't famous as of yet, he's still getting attention.

The girls said thank you before leaving, all three whispering as they stared at me.

"They were sweet," He breathes picking his fork up.

I watched their retreating bodies walking down the road, laughing and talking as they turned around every so often to look and me and Harry - smirks on their faces.

"Yeah," I give him a fake smile. "They were."