In love, Potter?

Requested by userreee

------

House: any

Blood status: any

Warnings: I guess just some constant arguing and maybe some light swearing.

A/N: I'm gonna be taking a scene from 'The Half-Blood Prince' because I feel like it would kinda fit the plot in this chapter.

✈︎

3rd Person

"Oi! Watch it, Potter! I don't need your filthiness on me!" Draco scoffed at Harry after Harry accidentally bumped into him while cramped up in the crowd of Hogwarts students. "Shut up, Malfoy! It's not my fault you were walking straight into me!" Harry snapped.

"Hey, how about both of you move out of the way! No one can walk and we all need to get to our classes!" Y/n growled at the rivals. They both softly apologised to her and continued their way to their classes. 

That was during their first year at Hogwarts. Y/n thought that was the only time Draco would be a twat, but she thought wrong. Malfoy continued to be the jerk he is and Y/n despised him for it. Ever since then, Y/n got closer to Harry, which also got her closer to Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. That would bring us to the present; fourth year.

 ❦

"Go, Harry!" Y/n, Hermione, and Ron cheer from the protected staircase of the Quidditch pitch, which has now changed to the first task of the Triwizard Tournament; dragons. 

Draco watches you from the Slytherin side of the stadium, shooting daggers made of cardboard from his eyes to your head. He doesn't want to hurt you, he just desperately wants to revert your attention to him, not Potter. 

"Look at her, all cheery for Saint–bloody–Potter. He doesn't deserve to be in that stupid tournament, anyway! He cheated his way into it–that bloody moron!" Draco growls, glaring at Potter flying all around.

"Draco, stop being so jealous. You're head over heals for that scum! Just let it go, already!" Blaise Zabini complains, still keeping a close eye at Harry and hoping he'd end up in the pit of the dragon's stomach.

"Me? Jealous? Hmph, you've got some nerve, Zabini! I hate her a-and she hates me, I wouldn't like it any better like this!" Draco says, disappointment evident in his eyes when admitting to himself that Y/n absolutely despises him.

"We all know what you said is bullshit, Malfoy, but whatever flies your broom, I guess." Blaise rolls his eyes and continues looking into the pit of doom, waiting for Potter's fate.

An hour later, Harry got the Golden Egg and everyone is cheering for him in the preparation tents. "HARRY! HARRY! HARRY! HARRY!" Draco and his posse obviously don't join the cheering. When the first task ended Draco directly stormed away into the Slytherin common room to sulk into his sadness and disappointment.

After the crowd died down, Y/n, Hermione, and Ron walked into the tent and hugged Harry till he couldn't inhale a sing molecule of oxygen.

"Alright, alright! I can't breathe!" Harry chuckles and blushes, knowing his crush, Y/n Y/l/n, is laying her head on his chest right this moment and is surely proud of his triumph. 

They all separate and chuckle, true happiness spread across their faces. Harry makes a lasting moment of eye contact with Y/n but then looks away, focusing on Ron's endless rant about his fear of those dragons.

"I've had enough of you, Potter! You ruin and cheat your way through everything! You truly deserve You-Know-Who's wrath! At least there's one person out there other than me that doesn't fall for your pathetic tricks and will actually teach you about the reality of things! The reality where not everything goes your way! I hate you with a burning passion, Potter! I hope you rot in the pits o–" Draco suddenly gets interrupting by Y/n pushing him away from Harry.