A Somewhat uncommon morning

Yuuko layed on the floor covered by her bed sheets, she would usually wake up around the time she goes to school, but today she could tell it was way earlier, the usual sun shining through her window was replaced with a grayish blue painted in the sky, her eyelids felt like they were glued together, however, she managed to open her eyes.

-"Ughhhh"

she claimed to herself

-"What time is it even?"

Yuuko picked up her phone, laying next to her bed.

-"Five.... Five in the morning, why am i awake?"

She inmediatly noticed an outstanding number in the top right corner of her phone.

-"Eh?...EHHHHH?!"

her own scream waked her up, since she had been laying on her bed, but she suddenly fully opened her eyes and sat on her knees when she realized her phone was at a really low battery. Strange, she could have sworn she charged it over night, it was even connected.

-"Why is...?...Oh"

She realized the plug of the charger slightly fell off the socket, preventing the phone from recieving any energy.
She crawled from her bed to the socket, still kind of sleepy, but mostly annoyed.
When she finally reached the socket she pushed the plug into fitting, but there was no sound coming from her phone announcing it was now charging.

the plug is probably off.
She thought to herself as she pulled off the charger and started to slowly get up.
She opened the door leading to the corridor, all the lights were off so she couldn't see anything.

My eyes might burn to the grilling point if i turn on the lights.
Luckily enough, she had the 'whatever staff' that used to belong to her dad with her, so she turned it into a flashlight.
She helplessly walked around the house until she found a socket that wasn't occupied with her little sister's computer or a cooking device:
One in the kitchen.
She started plugging in her phone when she heard a creek coming from the corridor

-"Who's there?!"

The voice sounded loud and overall aggresive. Yuuko got scared but she realized it could only be her mom, so she started walking out of the kitchen satisfied with the little lightning that appeared next to her phones battery percentage.

-"Don't move or i'll-!"

The voice started sounding like it was about to cry out of mere fear.
Yuuko froze in place, but she started nerviously talking.

-"Eh!... Don't worry!... It- it's just me"

Yuuko walked out of the kitchen into the corridor to find a little girl holding a tiny slingshot in her hands.
With a bit of tears in her eyes, which cleaned away almost automatically after she realized who held the flashlight.

-"Ryo?"

-"Sister?"

~~~~~•~~~~~

Yuuko's mom was now preparing breakfast, as she and her sister sat by the box that had their sealed father in it, just waiting for the smell coming from the kitchen to turn into a taste that came from their plate.
Appearently ryoko had thought there were thieves in the house so she woke up her mom. she couldn't reach for yuuko though. Seiko, her mom, had nothing she could do to help the imagined situation, so she just stought there, as yuuko's brave little sister reached out for a slingshot she had bought as a present for her big sister, and had the brilliant idea to come out with it. Even though her intention was not to harm the robbers but rather to make them feel bad for what they were doing somehow.