Chapter 4

Narrator's POV

"She has forgotten everything from the past 10 years. Good news is, it's temporary."

The doctor had done a check up while eveyone was in the room. He checked Jeongyeon's bandages and her head scan, and confirming her diagnosis. He had also injected her with some medicine to make her sleep, as he was going to replace her stitches.

"How long is this memory thing going to last?" JYP asked.

"I can't say. But the most it can last is maybe two years. But her head injury wasn't that extreme, so it shouldn't take that long."

"So she'll be fine?"

"Other than that memory thing, yes."

He entered a few more things into his tablet, and proceeded to ask a few more questions.

"Can you tell me about the conversation that she had with you guys when she woke up?" he asked.

They proceeded to tell him in detail about every word that was said during those 5 minutes. The doctor jotted it down and took everything into account.

"She thought you were her sister?" he asked, pointing at Nayeon.

"Yes."

The doctor could sense the sadness in Nayeon's response, hurt because Jeongyeon probably couldn't differenciate her.

"Don't worry about that too much. The fact that she has her eyes closed, she wouldn't really recognize anyone."

Nayeon nodded.

"Okay, so now I shall replace her stitches. You don't have to watch, if it's too much."

Some faced the big window, showing the amazing view from the highest floor. Her family and Nayeon, watched the doctor as he replaced her stitches. They could feel the pain, that's for sure.

Right after the doctor had replaced the last one, Jeongyeon woke up again.

"Ah, Jeongyeon. You're awake."

"Are you my doctor?"

The doctor was taken by surprise.

"You recognize my voice?"

"No I just assumed. Your voice didn't sound like my dad's."

"Good. You can observe. Jeongyeon, do you know what happened to you?"

Everyone was looking at them and watching their interaction.

"I was in an accident."

"Good. Do you know what date and year it is?"

"2010, and it's the 2nd of March?"

"Jeongyeon, we're in the year 2020. You had hit your head really hard during the crash, and you have lost your memory. However, this will be temporary."

Despite the bandage blocking her view, she faced the doctor on her right.

"I-i don't remember a-anything of the last 10 years?"

"No. No you don't. And I suggest you don't rush it, because it will hurt you more and cause more damage."

"Seungyeon?"

"Yes, Jeongyeon?

"Did uhm, you become an actress?"

"Yeah. I did."

"Ah, good good."

The doctor sighed and gave her the options for recovery.

"Jeongyeon, I can give you two options. One, we bring in people who could help you remember the past 10 years, however this may cause discomfort to your brain, or you naturally do it."