Ch 2

Sentinel groaned as the planet was on sight, he didn't want to go back to Earth, he was planning to call in sick (lame excuse, but he was desperate), so that he wouldn't go, but a certain pair of twins had dragged him out of the house with their magnet, and in their combined jet mode.  This all happened earlier today.  Sadly, they made it to the ship on time.

     The Jettwins are a servo full, but he does care about them, and he knew that they're doing this for his own good.  But they can take things "a bit" too far, and this morning was no exception.

     Speaking of the two chaos bringers, the twins could be seen, sitting in their seats, playing with those "videos and games" that Bumblebee gave them on their last inspection.  He rolled his optics when the twins cheered at the announcement of "Level up".

    "Jetfire, Jetstorm, can you stop playing those 'videos and games', and focus on the task here?," Sentinel asked in an annoyed tone.

    The twins turned from their video games, and stared at Sentinel with a (dramatically) sad expression on their faces.

     "But we are being bored, Mr. Sentinel Prime sir," they both said in unison.

     "We have nothing to be doing, and the data pads that you made us read are really boring," Jetstorm continued in a whiny tone.

     "Why are you boring us to off-line with these things and those lessons?," Jetfire finished in a whiny tone too.

    Sentinel facepalmed and sighed as he explained to them once more.

    "I'm doing this because it is my duty as your Superior Officer/caretaker to make sure that you two have the proper education that you'll need to succeed, even though you two are a part of the Elite Guard, you're still mechlings.  Besides, reading should help you with your speech, you two still have that bad habit of overcomplicating the things that you say," Sentinel said.

     "Ooh, you mean like how you overcomplicated 'video games'?," Jetfire smirked as he said that, and Jetstorm whispered quietly as he said: "Ooooh, burn".

     "Exact- Hey, watch your tone young mech.  Jetstorm, don't encourage your brother!!!," Sentinel yelled.

     As the three were arguing, they didn't noticed the three other residents of the Alpha-1, watching at their little spat.  Arcee was holding in her giggles, Ironhide rolled his optics as he mentally said; 'Here we go again', and Ultra Magnus smiled at the display.

     Until, they heard Sentinel said; "That's it, no more video games, till we get back home".

    With that said, Arcee stood up from her seat, walked over to Sentinel, and gently patted his shoulder.

     "Now, Sentinel, don't be so harsh on them, they're just kids," Arcee said nicely.

     Sentinel looked at her with a deadpanned expression on his face.

     "You wouldn't be saying that when you became a target for their pranks.  I swear, I don't know which is a bad influence on them: Those washouts, that mud ball of a planet, or that bumbler," Sentinel said in an annoyed tone.

     When Arcee heard that, she took a stance that looked like a disappointed mother.

     "After all this time, you still disrespect them and their planet?  Can you, for once, treat them and their planet with some respect while we are in this trip!?," Arcee said in a angered tone.

     "Gee, I don't know, can finally confess your feelings to Ratchet," Sentinel asked in a snarky tone.

     Arcee blushed at what he said, she was about to deny it, but Sentinel stopped her.

     "Don't try to deny it, it's pretty obvious, everybody knows about it," Sentinel said.

     Everybody in the ship nodded and shrugged, but they didn't answered out loud.

     Arcee went back to her seat, covering her face with her servos, drowning in embarrassment.

     She felt an arm around her shoulders, and saw that it belonged Sentinel, he leaned in towards her face.

     "Tell you what, if you can confess your feelings to Ratchet during the inspection.  I won't say anything rude, or insulting for the whole visit.  So do we have a deal?," Sentinel asked as he took out his other servo.

     Arcee's face went from embarrassment, to annoyance, to seriousness.  Then finally, to determination.

     "Deal," she said as she shook his servo.

     Ultra Magnus, Ironhide, and the Jettwins watched as the two teammates have set the deal.

     "Should we stop them before things get out of servo?," Ironhide asked Ultra Magnus.

     "I think that it's too late for that.  Besides, I want to see how this plays out," Ultra Magnus said with a smile on his face.

    "Us too!," the twins exclaimed.

     "We are so bored," Jetstorm said.

     "Yeah, I'm so bored that Arcee's dairy became too boring to read, but it was getting boring anyway," Jetfire said out loud, Jetstorm gasped at what his brother said.

     "Heh, true," Ironhide said as he nodded.

    Arcee quickly turned to the two young mechs, with a angry look on her face.

     "You've been reading my journal!?  That's private!!!," Arcee yelled as she began to chase Jetfire and Ironhide around the ship.

     Jetstorm wanted to stop them, but Sentinel wouldn't let him.

     "Don't interfere Jetstorm, or you'll have Arcee chasing you too.  Besides, Jetfire and Ironhide need to learn that it's never a good idea to read someone's private journal," Sentinel said as he watched the chaos unfold.

     Ultra Magnus nodded in agreement.  Which surprised him a bit, he would never thought that he would agree with Sentinel to anything.  He supposed that it was proof that Sentinel was changing, becoming more mature, but slowly.

    He doesn't know what will happen next, but he does know that it is going to be a long solar cycle.