A Bad Job

Chapter 13

A Bad Job

Location: Radiator Springs

Time: 2:10PM

"Join the darkside McQueen!" Ivy yelled as Grace yelled. Sally sighed then turned to the others "Okay, don't worry. They know where we are now. They're gonna tell their friends. You'll see." Sally said as the others drove off. Grace and Ivy sighed feeling a bit bad for the residents "And we'll be back for our Hank Williams marathon after a Piston Cup update..."

Hearing those words caught the attention of McQueen as he looked over at the radio at Lizzie's store "Still no sign of Lightning McQueen. Meanwhile, Chick Hicks arrived in California and today became the first car to spend practice time on the track." The radio then switches to Chick's voice "Yeah, well it's just nice to get out here before the other competitors. You know, get a head start. Gives me an edge."

Grace and Ivy glanced over at McQueen who was keeping a straight face "You okay?" Grace asked. No response "You okay my guy?" Ivy asked, letting out a little snort. McQueen didn't respond again making the two laugh "I think he's dead." Grace said as Ivy drove up to Lightning "WAKE UP YOU STUPID!"

McQueen jumped out his little vision making the girls laugh, when McQueen looked at the two he growled "What was that for?" McQueen asked as the two girls continued to laugh "Anyway, you two let me get this straight. I can go when this road is done! That's the deal, right?" McQueen asked "That's what they done did said!" Mater said driving over to the group.

"Okay, outta my way. I got a road to finish." McQueen said glaring down the road as Grace, Ivy, and Mater drove off to the side to avoid McQueen's destruction. McQueen then increased his speed pulling Bessie way harsher then she needed to be as Grace, Ivy, and Mater watched McQueen with wide mouths.

"HE'S DONE!" Mater yelled bursting through Doc's clinic making Doc jump "Done?!" Doc asked surprised, making Mater nod and respond with an mmhmm "It's only been an hour!"

Everyone was now at the end of the road staring at McQueen with looks of shock "I'm done. Look, I'm finished. Just say thank you, and I'll be on my way. That's all I gotta say." McQueen panted then we got a shot of the terribly paved road "WHOO HOO! I'm the first one on the new road!" Mater then drove onto the road which caused some things to fall off him "It rides purty smooth!"

"THIS IS THE WORST ROAD I'VE EVER SEEN!" Ivy yelled before Sally could say anything "Well, it matches the rest of the town." McQueen said, making everyone gasp "HOW DARE YOU!" Grace yelled. Red blubbered before sobbing then driving off whilst knocking down a tower of tires on his way out.

Grace snarled, she always wanted to do this..."Listen here McStupid. I don't think you understand but I ain't gonna sit here and let you insult this town brother that ain't gonna happen. Now shut up before I yeet into a pit of cacti and force you to listen to directions-"

When Grace heard gruff laughter she stopped "Thanks Grace but I'll take it from here." Doc said then putting on a stern look as he drove up in front of Lightning "The deal was you fix the road, hotrod!" Doc scolded making McQueen roll his eyes "Yeah okay, how about you go control your wife." Everyone's eyes widened.

"PFFFFFFT BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" Ivy burst out laughing as Doc groaned as Grace heated up "Why does everyone wanna ship us?" Grace asked making Doc raise a lid "Ship us where to the Bahamas?" Doc asked, making everyone laugh, "What? Am I not getting something?"

-take 2-

"Now, scrape it off! Start over again!" Doc commanded as Grace and Ivy smirked at them "Hey, look, grandpa, I'm not a bulldozer. I'm a race car." McQueen said "Ho,ho,ho! Is that right? Then why don't we just have a little race? Me and you." Doc said, making everyone look at him with shock "What?" Sally asked as McQueen laughed "Me and you? Is that a joke?" McQueen asked "If you win, you go and I fix the road. If I win, you do the road my way."

"Doc, what're you doing?" Sheriff asked as McQueen chuckled again "I don't mean to be rude here Doc, but you probably go zero to sixty in like what? Three-point-five years?" McQueen teased as Grace puffed up her cheeks "I want to kill em." Ivy said with a blank face as some of the others looked over at her "Then I reckon you ain't got nothin' to worry about."

"You know what old timer? That's a wonderful idea. Let's race."