His Departure

Chapter 22

His Departure

Location: Radiator Springs

Time: 4:43 PM

"Here she comes!" Mater yelled making everyone get into position "Okay, places, everybody. Hurry! Act natural!" Lightning whispered as Sally drove over to them "Hi, Sally!" They all greeted Sally, which made Sally realize that something was wrong. "Alright, what's going on?" Sally asked "Ladies and gentle cars, please welcome the new: Lightning McQueen!" Mater announced as the others backed up, letting Lightning drive out of Ramone's shop "Kh-pow!" Lightning said showing off his new look to Sally "What do you think? Radiator Springs looks pretty good on me."

"I'll say." Sally said, chuckling. Sally makes purring noises as Lightning circles around her revving his engine "Ka-Chow!" Sally chuckled as Ivy smirked at them and Grace chuckled. "You're gonna fit right in in California...Oh, my goodness, it looks like you've helped everybody in town." Sally said "Yeah, everybody except one." Lightning said making Sally tense up a bit with her smile growing a tad.

"Hey, is it getting dark out?" Lightning asked "What?..What'd he say?" Lizzie asked turning to Red "Let me say that again." Lightning whispered to Sally "Is it getting dark out?!" Lightning yelled at Lizzie as Ivy and Grace rolled their eyes "Now, what was I supposed to do after that?" Lizzie asked, making Red hit the radio. Lizzie jumped as music began to play "Life could be a dream! Life could be a dream!" Grace and Ivy sang as the town lit up.

The two continued to sing as all of the stores' neon lights turned on, Sally gasped "They fixed their neon." Sally awed as the lights continued to turn on. "Low and slow?" Flo asked looking over at Ramone "Oh, yeah, baby." Ramone replied as they drove onto the road chuckling. "Just like in its heyday, right?" Lightning asked turning to Sally "It's even better than I pictured it....thank you..."

Grace and Ivy continued to sing as we got shots of the residents cruising along the road and having a good time. After a few moments of that we cut back to Sally and Lightning "Shall we cruise?" Lightning asked making Lizzie drive up between them "Oh, thank you, dear. I'd love to!" Lizzie said dragging Lightning along with her down the road "No no no!"

"Lizzie!" Sally yelled as Grace and Ivy laughed then continued to sing afterward "I remember when Stanley first asked me to take a drive with him." Lizzie said as she drove off with Lightning. Mater drove up to Sally "Hey Miss Sally. May I have this cruise?" Mater asked with a little bow "Of course, Mater." Sally replied then they began to drive only for Sheriff to halt their cruise "A-A-Ah." Sheriff said as they looked up to see the traffic light turn red.

Some tractors began to cross the road mooing as Sally looked through the tractors at Lightning looking back at her "...and again and I said, "no," and he asked me again, and I said, "no..." Sally let out a little chuckle "...but, oh, he was a persistent little burger for a two-cylinder..." Lizzie continued driving as Lightning stopped then turned around "...finally I said, "alright, one little drive..." Lightning looked down the road but didn't see Sally.

Out of nowhere a tow cable grabs Lightning's behind "Oh!" Lightning groaned as Mater laughed and pulled him down the road. Mater flashed a wink at Sally before dropping Lightning off next to her. When Lightning saw Sally he put on a smile "Hey!" He exclaimed "Thanks Mater." Sally thanked as he backed away from the two "Good evening, you two." Mater said, winking at them "Oh, Stanley, I wish you could see this..."

Lightning leaned up to Sally and gave her a little nuzzle making her nuzzle him back "Is that what I think it is!?" Flo asked behind them "Oh, I don't know, Flo. I haven't had a chance to find out. But I am going to find out. Hello.." Sally replied thinking Flo meant something else "Not that! That!" Flo said, making everyone look down the road to see a bunch of lights shining from afar "Customers?.."