He's Done

Chapter 21

He's Done

Location: Radiator Springs

Time: 9:21 PM

"WILL YOU TURN THAT DISRESPECTFUL JUNK OFF!"

"RESPECT THE CLASSICS, MAN!!"

Grace and Ivy drove out of their cones "Oh look. The road's done." Grace said, pointing her tire to the freshly paved road "Lightning finished it cool." Ivy said as they drove onto the road "Driving on the freshly paved road is nice." Grace said with a little smile "Yeah, it's so smooth!" Ivy exclaimed as they approached the end of the road "Wonder where he is. I know he's around but where?" Ivy asked turning to Grace "I don't know."

Doc and Mater drove over to Grace and Ivy "He's done. He must've finished it while we was all sleeping." Mater said looking a bit sad "Good riddance..." Doc said turning around then driving off as the other residents approached the end of the road. There was a short pause before Flo spoke up "He's gone?..." Flo asked "Well, we wouldn't want him to miss that race of his." Sarge said as Sally looked down the road with disappointment...were her efforts for changing him for nothing?

Sally just drove off as Sheriff let out some sniffle making Ramone glance at him "Oh dude...are you crying?" Ramone asked which offended Sheriff a bit "NO! I'M HAPPY! I DON'T HAVE TO WATCH HIM EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY ANYMORE! I'M GLAD HE'S GONE!" Sheriff yelled, making Red blubber a bit before driving off crying again knocking down a tower of tires. "Don't worry everyone...I don't think Lightning left...just yet." Grace motioned her tire over to Lightning driving up beside Mater "What's wrong with Red?"

The others put on smiles as Mater began to explain to Lightning why red was sad "Oh, he's just sad because you left town, and went to your big race to win the Piston Cup that you've always dreamed about your whole life and get that big ol' sponsor and that fancy helicopter you was talking about." Mater looks back at Lightning who had a smile on. He stares at him for a second before gasping, realizing who he was talking to "WAIT A MINUTE!"

The others laughed as Grace and Ivy smirked "I knew you wouldn't leave without saying goodbye!" Mater exclaimed nudging Lightning with his tire making Lightning chuckle "What are you doing here, son? You're gonna miss your race." Sheriff then turns on his emergency lights "Don't worry. I'll give you a police escort, and we'll make up the time." Sheriff said, starting to drive down the road "Thank you, Sheriff. But you know I can't go just yet."

"Well, why not?" Sheriff asked, turning to Lightning confused "I'm not sure these tires..." Lightning said moving his tires which caught Luigi and Guido's attention "Can get me all the way to California." Lightning finished his sentence "Pit Stop?" Guido asked peeking out from behind Luigi "Yeah, does anybody know what time Luigi's opens?"