✰ 7

When I walked inside my home I was greeted by Matty once again. He hugged my legs and began speaking gibberish about how he had played ball with 'Ry.' I smiled as I picked him up off of his feet. He squeezed my cheeks and I made a funny face at him that made him burst out in a fit of giggles. "Silly Ena," he said through his giggles. I laughed and kissed his forehead before walking a bit further in the house. Everyone, including Noa's crew was sitting around the TV. They were watching some football game. "Who's playing," I asked as I walked in. I sat right between Noa and Rico. A groan came from Rico since I had just separated him from his girlfriend.

"Packers and Cowboys," Noa said before looking over at me. "Well, I'll be damned. You're in one piece. I thought you were a goner. How big was her place, anyways?" I played with Matty's hair as I shrugged my shoulders. I had to figure out a way to convince Noa to work with me at Kai's house because I knew she wouldn't do it willingly.

"Her house wasn't that dirty," I lied. "She has a huge house. It's bigger than the ones I've seen on TV. She has a basketball court. Did you know she has seven sports car? She's fucking loaded. You know it was hard having to clean the whole place by myself. You could come and help me, if you want. Kai said she'll pay you the same price that she pays me." Noa looked me up and down as if I was crazy then turned back to watch the game. "Come on, Noa!"

"I'd rather not get shot in the head just because I missed a spot while cleaning a window," Noa replied. "Plus, I've got a new day job, remember? I'm cleaning at the hotel a couple blocks away on the weekdays. On the weekends, working at the restaurant at night is good enough." I groaned but Noa didn't pay me any mind. I knew there was no convincing her. Once Noa made up her mind, she usually didn't change it. So, I decided to drop the whole situation.

I put most of the cash up that Kai had given me for cleaning her home, but I used a small portion to order pizza for dinner. Once again, everyone was sitting around the table talking and eating. The most recent subject was how much no one wanted to go to school tomorrow. "I'd rather hang myself," Trystan whined. "Mr. Garfield is going to make us run for the whole period in P.E., because some kid hit him in the ass with a ball when we were playing dodgeball." Everyone looked at Trystan with serious faces, and he sighed. "Okay, maybe that kid was me, but I didn't think he'd overreact like that!"

"Well, at least you don't have to talk in front of the whole school tomorrow. As freshman class president, I have to give a speech on how good it is to eat healthy to the whole freshman class. I don't even eat healthy! I'm eating pizza right now," Gabby said as she properly wiped her mouth with a napkin. "On top of that, I have to stay after school for a student government meeting. Everyone's going to look at me like I'm a scumbag because I didn't come up from a rich upbringing like them."

"At least you don't have a Calculus test. Do you know how fucking hard Calculus is? The only reason I'm passing is because I'm fucking Jenni Lee and she lets me copy her test in return. But it sucks because every time I want to have sex with her, she wants to do it at her house. She doesn't want to come here because she's scared of the 'hood.' Her parents are always home and her Dad looks like he wants to stick a fucking bomb up my ass," Ryker explained. "You should see the face he gives me. You know, Chinese men can be very intimidating."

"Mrs. Lope is making me write 'I talk too much' in front of the class on the board for the first thirty minutes of class. It's not my fault that I love to talk, and it's not anyone's fault that they love to talk to me. I'm an interesting girl, you know? I play soccer with the Mexicans on the playground. They love me. I let the black girls braid my hair. They love me. I talk to other white kids just so they can invite me to their homes in the suburbs and so I can take their things when they're not looking. I even get along with this little Chinese girl. I think she's Jenni Lee's sister, because her name is Kim Lee, and she's really nice. She brings me-"